(Story) Green Ghost of Selva Rocosa

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by DriftinCovet1987, Apr 15, 2018.

1. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

That...that is very true, you know.

I feel that I have to point out (not meaning to demote you; just something that I think is necessary for everyone to understand) that Percy's mouth is not on his bumper; his bumper acts as a substitute chin for his mouth that is right above his bumper. Other than that, this is actually quite accurate to what Percy actually looks like.

Also, none of the cars in Selva have a license plate that says MAL 8688; the random plate generator was broken for a long time (it's finally been fixed in 0.13), so...yeah. Also, I was too lazy to try and re-do all the plates for the cars all the time.

Also, here's the second (and final) teaser for Chapter 8 Part 2.
    screenshot_00238.png

#221 DriftinCovet1987, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 8 Part 2 is out!

• Like Like x 1
  3. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

YAY!
    --- Post updated ---
    download?

4. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

So far... I only think... If Christine was part of this story... But not really... but in a movie they saw... note you said 1987 in chapter 1. The movie is made in 1983 so...

Just saying...
    --- Post updated ---
    Also the ETK i is made in the 90s

5. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Ehhh....I think something like Christine would be better saved for Firwood. That would be a great place to pay homage to it if I wanted to do it.

Also, this story currently is in late-1989 - the last few weeks of the 1980s. (as of Chapter 8 Part 2) The I-Series first started production in 1985, with all-wheel-drive models beginning in 1987.

Also also, for any of you wondering what Percy and Carla would look like as humans, I messed around a bit on LDD and Azalea's Dolls and got these.

LEGO Miniland (both):
    (Percy's about 5'0", while Carla's roughly 5'3" or 5'4".)
    PC.png
    Azalea's Heroine Creator (Carla):
    CarlaAHC.png

Also also also, I apologize for not having teasers ready as of late. I've been doing volunteering this past week (and finishing up the final four chapters), and I haven't had much time to play on BeamNG.drive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The vehicle would also have to be a Burnside Special (since that's the closest vehicle yet to the Christine vehicle in-game).

7. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

Good point... but look at this video... what happen to that mod? (the first car you seen in this video)
    Video posted on YouTube: Crash Game Channel

8. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I'd prefer to use something other than the Burnside...I've got quite a few cars in mind for the "Christine" role.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be using low-quality (except for perhaps a few great Automation builds) or real-life car mods in any of my stories, period. I just don't want to promote low-quality mods, and real-life car mods would break the immersion for me, in my opinion. I mean, there's nothing bad with people building real-life car mods (nothing wrong at all; any great vehicle mod, fictitious or real-life, is a great mod based upon its overall quality, in my opinion), but they just don't fit into how I imagine the Beamverse to be like.

9. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

The Miramar? Theoretically, that could work as well (but the Miramar is more a 60s vehicle).

10. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Too small, too underpowered, and it would have probably rusted away in about 5 years after production. I'm thinking of using something big, American, and from the late-'60s/early-'70s peak of the muscle car era.

Also, first teaser for Chapter 9 Part 1.

And speaking of parts, I've decided to separate the story into three stages: the regular human life of Selva Rocosa (Chapters 1-3), the beginnings and development of the new automotive society on the island (Chapters 4-8), and...well...the end of the story and its climax (Chapters 9-12). Now, a lot of these final chapters are around 3-4K words long (in fact, I think that Chapter 11 might be a bit too short to split off into two parts; I'll probably still do it, anyway, but Chapter 11 will be by far the shortest chapter of the story), so whether or not you all like these shorter chapters will at least partially determine how I write Firwood.

There is no download (at least, not yet, perhaps); all the chapters can be accessed in the corresponding spoilers. Of course, if people want a download of the story in a PDF file or something like that, I might be able to do that.

11. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

How about this...

Or this...

12. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Too new (for 1997), too underpowered, too practical, and wrong drivetrain/engine type.

Anyway, I think that that's enough about Firwood for now. I'm going to be working on finishing up Chapters 10 and 12 of Selva, as they need still need some serious work done to them.

13. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

K, also...

These two are different... just to point out.

14. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 9 Part 1 is out!

15. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

Quick Question, Firewood chapters, how many?

16. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 9 Part 2 is (belatedly) out!

Also, Wednesday will mark the four-month anniversary of the publication of the prologue of Selva. (Today marks the ninth month since Rusty and I first started writing this version of Selva.)

Also also, @Cooldriver10: That I'm not sure about. I think I'll definitely have a lot more shorter chapters over these 12 long chapters, but how many (and how long they will be) is still up in the air.

17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Just curious.... how many T-Series appeared in the whole entire story so far? :p

18. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Three. A white T65 Rollback (Tammy), a dark-grey T75 Tank Up Fit (Terrence), and a fire-engine-red T75 Cement Mixer (Tyler). I doubt that they'll be the last T-Series trucks, though...
    Speaking of which, I made a couple pics of a few background (and not-so-background) characters in the story.

Sid Parker (1958 Satsuma 1000 Wagon)
    screenshot_00258.png
    Immanuel Edelmann (1985 ETK 2400i) (used to belong to Tim's father)
    screenshot_00259.png
    Isaac Edelmann (1987 ETK 2400ix)
    screenshot_00260.png
    Nathan Galford (1969 Gavril Barstow 423 V8 Custom "The Nightsnake")
    screenshot_00261.png

• Like Like x 1
  19. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

is wondering whether a small three wheeled ibishu hatchback will ever appear in this story :p

20. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

What model years is it supposed to be produced from? If it's old enough (at least pre-1992), I might consider it for later stories.

Also, Chapter 10 Part 1 might come a bit later than usual, as we're still editing it as of right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice