(Story) Green Ghost of Selva Rocosa

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by DriftinCovet1987, Apr 15, 2018.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Your plot, characters, and your style of writing is very enjoyable to read.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

So, a decade after Green Ghost then? Was that intentional to make it a decade later from this story (atleast during the beginning)?

3. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Firwood and Selva Rocosa are within the Green Ghost series.

And yes, it was intentional to make Firwood take place 10 years after the beginning of Selva (roughly seven and a half years after Selva ended).

• Like Like x 1
  4. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

This was awesome to read! It inspired me to write my own BeamNG.Drive book!

5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

sorry to spoil a bit, but "quickly noticed it was a female" hmm how? :p (no details.. look at the green box above :p )

Relatable:
    “Good morning,” Percy replied absentmindedly, barely moving forward before he felt something metal touch his left door.

The cream Pigeon, who he noticed was a female, scowled slightly at him as she yanked her right stabilizer away.

On the whole it is really good. I can see this coming together as a film.

Although i just can't get it off my mind about fuel rations, eventually they will run out and then all cars dead, it'll be very interesting to see how that plays out.

Also how did the people die? That's another question I look forward to answering myself when i read the next bit :)

On the whole, fantastic. You didn't get recognition at first because this category "Video, Screenshots and Other Artwork" is flooded. Don't worry, it'll be in my "watched" section :)

PS: Have you got a higher resolution of the first photo, kind of want to make it my desktop background :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Female vehicles (at least, those with eyes in the windshield; there are certain types of vehicles in the Green Ghost universe that have their eyes in the headlights because otherwise, I would be even more limited in my vehicle choices) have a black double-arched eyebrow, which Daisy and Priscilla demonstrated in the first part of Chapter 4.

Anyway, thanks for that! It is planned out similarly to a film (in fact, I tend to think of Selva as though I'm writing out the events from a film), so that effect was entirely intentional.

Yeah, there is a possibility that at least one of these vehicles will die...

The people didn't die; they left the island at the end of Chapter 3.

Thanks again! To be honest, this category is often associated with terrible Youtube compilations of horrid mods being crashed into each other again and again and again.

I'm not sure about that last part. You'll have to ask @YellowRusty about that; he made the first photo.

• Like Like x 1
  7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I've got one, should be 1600x834:

upload_2018-7-6_17-55-53.png

Not much to it - just a quick photoshop job I threw together from a screenshot of nighttime JRI and a stock image. I think it came out pretty well though, and I'm glad to hear that you like it!

• Like Like x 2
  8. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I sincerely apologize for Chapter 7 Part 1 being four days late, but it's out now!

9. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

We are over halfway through the story and this is the first time this is legitimetly mentioned.
    Also earlier you said
    Will Tim be in chapter 12?

10. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps he will...I mean, he could return to Selva Rocosa to ship Percy off to America, but perhaps someone else will come. All I can say for sure is that someone will come to Selva Rocosa to ship Percy off to Firwood, as that's the only way this series can continue.

Or maybe...maybe that's not the only way it could continue...hmmm...

Also, since the Automation collab update has just released: I will be featuring some Automation vehicles in the next stories (mostly in the '69 Belaso spin-off, as few people seem to build pre-1970 regular vehicle mods), but they're very likely not to be used as characters (if at all) except in the '69 spin-off. I'll only be using the best Automation vehicles that I can find, but if I happen to come across a regular mod that is similar to your Automation vehicle, I will use that over your car. So, pretty much, I'll only be using Automation vehicles as placeholders in case there are no regular mods/official cars to fill the gaps.

#210 DriftinCovet1987, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 7 Part 2 is now out! (belatedly, again)

Also, I have started some work on Firwood, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough completed by the time I publish Chapter 12 of Selva to allow for a comfortable back-to-back release. You guys might have to wait a bit for Firwood to come out, but I'm excited to see what you all think of it.

12. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

Umm... what the name in Chapter 7?

13. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't have a name, like Chapter 6.

14. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

No, chapter 6 has a name: Soapbox Sliding.

15. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Accidentally misread them as Part 1. It'll probably get a title soon (referring to Chapter 7).

16. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

K

17. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Chapter 8 Part 1 is out! (Also, I've added a name to Chapter 7.)

• Like Like x 1
  18. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00226.png
    First teaser for Chapter 8 Part 2.

Also, I've been wondering about what genre this story fits into - I often call it a fan-fiction story, as it is a story based upon something else, but all the fanfics I've seen revolve around the characters or plots within the original media. BeamNG.drive doesn't have (many) characters or a (long) plot (not yet, at least), and I didn't even take the slightest bit of anything from "A Rocky Start" for Selva. (Besides for the gravity racing, of course; that I used in Chapter 6.) However, I did use BeamNG.drive (and its wonderful mods) as a base for this story (similar to how every fan-fic uses something else as a base), so maybe it is? Or perhaps it's a mix of a fan-fiction story and a conventional novel. I'd be fine with that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Don't fan-fictions most of time only consist of text? Yours does has text (and is based off a existing property), but it also has pictures, like a graphic novel...
    I'm gonna say this is more like a triple fusion between fan-fic, graphic novel, and conventional novel.

20. Randomguy12

Randomguy12
    Expand Collapse

2018-07-27_LI.jpg
    Fan art! (Yes its a joke)
    OT: Why do everyone's license plates say MAL 8688?

• Informative Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice