Stick-shift sequential support

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by TheMohawkNinja, Dec 14, 2018.

1. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

One thing I'd like to see is the ability to use the H-pattern shifter on things like the Logitech G27 to be used as a sequential stick shifter (I don't know the proper term, but it's what is used in ) when in a sequential or DCT.

The idea is pretty straightforward, when you are in a car that has a sequential or DCT transmission, the button that normally gives 3rd gear becomes "gear down", the button that normally gives 4th gear becomes "gear up" and all other gears (including the area in-between the gears that would otherwise be "neutral") are ignored.

#1 TheMohawkNinja, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

are you sure you cant set it the way you want?

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I would think that 3rd gear position would be good for downshift while 4th gear position is good for upshift. You said 5th gear for upshift...that could be really annoying and clunky lol im pretty sure theres a way you can do it by reassigning the button map for the shifter

4. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

I tried messing around with the controls in-game, but some preset somewhere appears to be overriding it. I might have to edit the G27 config file directly, but I don't know where that is.

Yeah, that was a typo lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice