STEEP

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by derpfleet55, Jun 15, 2016.

1. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man...

So stoked for this; have not had a big mountain game with skiing since SSX on Tour.

Thoughts?

#1 derpfleet55, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fuzzwad

Fuzzwad
    Expand Collapse

Wow, this thread got no attention...

Yes, this is a bump, don't kill me too hard guys.

Anyway, now that steep is properly out, maybe this thread'll get some love. I'll give you my thoughts on it so far (roughly 12 or so hours):

It's fun. Lots of fun. I really like the MASSIVE open world concept, especially with challenges littered all over the place, if you want to. Or you can just explore for hours, drop at the top of Mont Blanc and ski (or snowboard, or wingsuit, or paraglide) all the way down, simply because you can. If you get bored with that, give the challenges a try, they more often than not end up (or start) in some really neat places, or lead to even more challenges.

There are two weird sound issues though, one of which might be a bug, and the other I think was just an oversight. The first one is while wingsuiting, it doesn't appear to have the right sounds, it sounds (to me) like the upcoming rocket wings I think should. It's not really noticeable unless dodging objects or diving at high speeds, but it sort of throws me off. Another thing is (also when wingsuiting, I really like wingsuiting, apparently) when you're proximity flying (when the points counter turns orange) heavy breathing sounds begin, and they just don't sound right. They're not bad quality or anything, they sound more like high g-force breathing exercises fighter pilots do rather than falling with style down the side of a mountain like a squirrel.

I'm tired, I'll end the post here. I could go on but I'll end up raving on and on like a lunatic, probably.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice