1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Allots, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Allots

Allots
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why but for some reason, whenever I go into world editor, it crashes with a STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN error. It hasn't been happening before but now it's just crashing more frequently for some reason, and there isn't anything about this error in the troubleshooting documentation, so it's really puzzling me.

I've let everything in the map load, and I even paused physics, but when I open world editor, it still sometimes crashes. I assumed that it was because of memory being used up for big maps, but recently it even crashed in Garfield Heights, which is a relatively small map.

To sum it up, the only time I crash with this error is when I open world editor or do something in world editor, so I doubt that it's mods causing this (except maybe for maps but sometimes it doesn't crash).

2. ndpx

ndpx
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    It is appening to me frequently during game play, this thread looks to be the one with more information.

3. Allots

Allots
    Expand Collapse

It seems like it'd help, but I think my error is unique, because for me, this error only happens when I open world editor, no other time. I don't know why this error would only be popping up when I open world editor, because I rarely crash, but this isn't the case now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice