1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Status Heap Corruption - 0xC0000374

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Mr_StickShift, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

I was just playing around with the new vehicle today on one of the new mod maps, and the game just crashes, displaying the aforementioned code. I only have 38 mods installed and enabled (160 disabled) and after about an hour of driving around, bang. The game closes displaying the error: BeamNG.drive 0.19.0.0 0xC0000374 STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTION - I've seen forum posts from a few years back depicting this error, but there's has happened continuously, and this is the first and only time it has happened. All of the mods I do have enabled are recent (last week uploaded max) and at the time I had 1 Mod Civtte Bolide Loaded, but it had just been sat for the hour I was driving in a completely different area of the map.

What happened was I was testing the new Cherrier Vivace with the 1.6L engine running a 230 ECU tune and the Tuned exhaust, which is all standard to the game, driving around.

Then I change the camera and then just, the game dies.

Below I will attach a screenshot of the aftermath of the crash.
    Screenshot105.png

2. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

I had that the other day too. I think it might be something to do with having beamng on a separate drive?

I left my pc for a bit, with beam running, came back, heard the drive suddenly come back to life, then it crashed

I installed on my SSD and it has not cashed in nearly 24 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

Mine has been installed on an SSD for about a year now, I used to run it on my HDD, and it hasn't crashed at all since this is the first time I've seen this error.

4. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

hmm, have you tried, clearing cache and reinstalling from scratch and also running in safe mode?

5. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

It might be due to old cache files, I'll have to have a look, I don't think I've cleared it since 0.17.3

6. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

that might we why ;)

try that and report back, oh I would also try and cut back old mods. I had a huge clear out the other day. 400 mods to 87

7. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

I'm only running 38 mods, I have like 160 disabled, but I never use them anymore, maybe ill clear them all out.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm emptying the Cache now, found versions to 0.18.0 and one Backup for 0.17.0.2

8. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

oh my. my old version went back to 0.17.0.3 i think

9. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

I'm just gonna try it out now, ill report back, ill try with mods first and then go to SM but I don't think to launch it in safe mode is gonna resolve anything due to how rare this error is.
    --- Post updated ---
    After some thorough testing, I can't seem to get the error to replicate, the same area of the map, same car, but ill keep trying.

I'll attach a video of me testing around the area it crashed

Attached Files:

10. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

hmmm. see I think it was a one-off, could have literally been anything that caused it. my PC is completely stable and never crashes on this game (touch wood).

I think it may be because of corrupted files. or something similar

11. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, that's what I thought, after another hour it hasn't crashed.

12. hey_big

hey_big
    Expand Collapse

i got the same crash while playing with the beamng mp mod in the vivace. beamng mp was the only mod enabled

13. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

Crash hasn’t occurred since - Any potential info on what the error code meant would be gratefully welcomed.

14. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

I had this error right this moment. I think it could have something to do with the pc "sleeping" and/or beam running in the background for to long.
    --- Post updated ---
    yep. Just looked it up. It's a memory problem that can happen when the pc "sleeps" and/or beam runs in the background for to long.

15. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

I know this is old, but I keep on getting this error while trying to duplicate cars with the world editor. Help?

16. tripleage

tripleage
    Expand Collapse

I have this error code when launch vulkan api with safe mode

Attached Files:

• 2022-11-30_03-57-54.png
  17. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

The Vulkan API was released in experimental mode with version 0.23 and may cause the game to be unstable.

We invite you to share your feedback and report issues in a dedicated forum thread here: https://www.beamng.com/threads/vulkan-api-–-feedback-known-issues-and-faq.79967/

If you experience any issues with Vulkan, we would like to recommend turning it off until further updates.

18. filippo293

filippo293
    Expand Collapse

i play beamng drive on geforce now but when I try to start it it goes but when I load a map it tells me the error

19. jackmo2207

jackmo2207
    Expand Collapse

bump

anyways to answer your question beamng is currently in an awful state on geforce now, best to play it on your own hardware

20. BenjaminTheVic

BenjaminTheVic
    Expand Collapse

Im getting the same thing, GeForce NOW is in a very early stage even tho they don't say it like xbox cloud gaming. Best choice is just to buy priority so you can at least play like a few hours if your lucky without waiting

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice