1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Static object collision issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Binkey, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

I'm currently making a map for BeamNG, but I have run into a standstill. The visible mesh collisions on the fence I have eat my car, and I can't seem to get bound collision or collision meshes to work. Here's my fence currently in the car eating state...
    screenshot_00005.jpg
    When I try and import my collision mesh I have made, I get this error...
    issue2.png
    Console error:
    issue1.png
    I've even followed the tutorial in this thread to get basic bound collisions, but these don't appear at all.
    http://www.beamng.com/threads/1839-Insert-new-object-into-map-Collision

I'm leaving for the weekend, I will be able to reply, but not work on the map. Any help would be appreciated. :)

2. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I get that very error when the map I'm working on is in the Documents/beamng/mods/levels folder.

Move the map to steamapps/common/beamng/levels and try again. (you also might want to delete the modelname.cs to clear out this broken attempt if it generated one)

Hope that helps :)

3. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I will try this when I get home.

4. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I got home and moved all the files into the Steam directory. The collision mesh I made still doesn't load in (same error). The tutorial I used to make the box bounds mesh works but the mesh is just off to the side.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, where would I find the modelname.cs?

5. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

modlename.cs should be in Documents/beam/levels/mapname/blah if it generated it. I'm not sure it will have though as the error might have happened before that.

I just noticed in your 2nd picture there is a dropdown box that says "current detail" you want to set that to "new detail" before adding the collision mesh.

I just recorded a quick video showing how I set up a model containing a high detail, low detail and collision mesh from 3 separate .dae files. In your case just ignore the low detail part, but its handy to know for future models. I just woke up so I'm not really with it, but hopefully you might spot where you went wrong.

#5 jammin2222, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Jammin, thank you so much for the help, I can't believe you made a tutorial video just to help. In the end, it was an issue with my file locations, even though I copied my files into the Steam folder, I forgot to delete it from my documents. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I've encountered another issue. After moving my files to the Steam directory, my materials have reset, after fixing them and saving, and loading in again, they are gone again, any quick fixes?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice