Specifying manufacturer for new vehicle selection GUI

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by SixSixSevenSeven, Sep 12, 2014.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Maybe I'm just absolutely retarded or something, but basically the new vehicle selector seems to filter the vehicles by manufacturer. I cannot find how on earth it is identifying which vehicles belong to which manufacturer. There seems to be nothing to indicate manufacturer in the JBeam files or name.cs files and again - maybe I'm retarded but I can't find the app code either to see how its working it out.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Mostly trying to clean up my mods collection.

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Magic.

OT: I actually don't know. My guess is that it would be in the app code, but I'm not home to look for it either.

3. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

app code for the vehicle chooser is located in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\BeamNG.drive\html\components\beamng\bng-vehicle-chooser

4. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

The app code is in dialogs.js. The manufacturers aren't dynamically found at the minute, but Gavril, Ibishu etc. are stored in an array and found from there.

5. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I believe it works similarly to how the parts selector eliminates the full vehicle name from the part/slot name (so you don't have the vehicle name repeated 100 times). It looks for a repeated string that begins the name and grabs that (or it just takes the first word from name.cs...).

6. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

So then it would it be possible for all props to be under a prop brand in the next version for example?

7. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I guess, but then their name would be "Props Barrel" or "Props Barrier" which would be a little odd.

8. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Or like we have sections for different vehicle company's we could have a props Section filled with the props Ingame could that work?

9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yes, but I'm saying that with the current way the selector finds the company name/category, the props would all have to start their name with "Props" to be in a "Props" category. We would need to change the code and probably add another file (category.cs or something) to the vehicle folder.

10. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Erm wait so if there is props in the "other" section why is there no For example "other Barrel"

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Because the other category perhaps has all the vehicles which dont fit all the other known categories....

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Guess that explains a few things.

12. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Because it's not named in such a way that the code would pick up a brand name. It doesn't have "other" in the name.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice