Solved sounds?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by ScreamingZ1, Feb 15, 2017.

1. ScreamingZ1

ScreamingZ1
    Expand Collapse

How to make custom engine sounds? i have made engine sounds for ROR a little while back. is the process similar? thanks!

2. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

the basic component is the sbeam file. It handles the volume/pitch/etc. corresponding to the rpm of the engine for example. In this file you also define the sound files in ogg file format.

Code:
    {
      "modifiers":[
        ["name", "source", "factor", "offset", "min", "max"],
        ["engine_throttle", "engineThrottle", 1, 0, 0.65, 1],
        ["turbo_throttle", "throttle", 0.5, 0, 0.3, 0.6],
      ],
      "sounds":[
          ["group",   "filename",                                      "profile",            "nodeName", "source",        "factor", "offset", "minVolume", "minPitch", "maxVolume", "maxPitch", "pitchBlendInStartValue", "pitchBlendInEndValue", "volumeBlendInStartValue",  "volumeBlendInEndValue", "volumeBlendOutStartValue", "volumeBlendOutEndValue", "volumeModifiers",   "pitchModifiers"],
          ["default", "vehicles/common/sounds/16_exhaust_710rpm.ogg",  "AudioDefaultLoop3D", "ENGINE",   "rpm",            1,        0,        0,           0,          0.7,         21.12,      0,                       15000,                   0000,                       200,                     500,                        4000,                     ["engine_throttle"], []              ],
          ["default", "vehicles/common/sounds/16_exhaust_2010rpm.ogg", "AudioDefaultLoop3D", "ENGINE",   "rpm",            1,        0,        0,           0,          0.75,         7.4,        0,                       15000,                   500 ,                       1000,                    3000,                       4500,                     ["engine_throttle"], []              ],
          ["default", "vehicles/common/sounds/16_exhaust_3810rpm.ogg", "AudioDefaultLoop3D", "ENGINE",   "rpm",            1,        0,        0,           0,          1.00,         3.94,       0,                       15000,                   2500,                       4000,                    7000,                       8500,                     ["engine_throttle"], []              ],
          ["default", "vehicles/common/sounds/16_exhaust_5760rpm.ogg", "AudioDefaultLoop3D", "ENGINE",   "rpm",            1,        0,        0,           0,          1.25,         2.62,       0,                       15000,                   0,                          200,                     999998,                     99,                       ["engine_throttle"], []              ],
          ["default", "vehicles/common/sounds/turbo_whistle.ogg",      "AudioDefaultLoop3D", "ENGINE",   "turboRpmRatio",  1,        0,        0,           0,          0.45,        2,          0,                       15000,                   5000,                       7000,                    8500,                       19000,                    ["engine_throttle"], []              ],
      ],
    }
    Here is a short explanation what the different properties are doing.

In the sbeam file define the path of your sound files and drop it inside the vehicle folder afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have little sbeam tutorial, there is also sound tutorial sticky in content creation section which offers more help with files etc.

My WIP tutorial is here, I tried to make it so that it should be easy to get started, but I will improve it more as I learn more and of course based on feedback:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/fufsgfens-engine-sound-tutorial.35578/

• Like Like x 1
  4. ScreamingZ1

ScreamingZ1
    Expand Collapse

thanks fellas!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice