Unsolved something strange in the suspension jbeam

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by i.want.to.mod, Jul 13, 2021.

1. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

"steerAxisUp:":"fa2r","steerAxisDown:":"fa1r"}], so what is this exactly and what does it attatch to? when i remove that part of the line, the rim jbeam shows up but the tire jbeam doesnt, but when thats in, the rim gets a vy node error. so im just wondering what in the heck that line connects to

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It's the steering axis of the wheel, so 2 hub nodes that stay still when the rest of the hub rotates, should be only used on the front suspension, not rear. If you have problems like this then you have probably set up the other parameters wrong because this line shouldn't affect anything on its own.

3. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

well it is a custom jbeam i made just with the spindles of the civetta bolide. not sure how i can fix this. ive looked in so many other jbeams and have not found anything to match this stuff.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

If it's custom Jbeam then you need custom spindles too, copying from another car won't work. Spindles are a separate part precisely for that reason. The values in them depend on many factors such as type of suspension, position of the brakes, differential, halfshafts, steering, etc. There is no documentation about it so you just have to figure out a working setup by trial and error.

5. i.want.to.mod

i.want.to.mod
    Expand Collapse

dammit. ok. thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice