Some russian site "tweaked" vehicles.... Working in 0.6.1

Discussion in 'Land' started by kaotik_inc, Aug 18, 2016.

1. kaotik_inc

kaotik_inc
    Expand Collapse

I found a few mods on a couple.... Less reputable sites, we'll say. I know other people may very well be working on fixing these, & I'm not looking to step on toes, I did this mostly for my own personal use, but figured if anyone wants these to play around with while waiting for proper conversions to be done, or even would like to do conversions themselves, here are some workable tweaked files from.... Again, less reputable sites (not sure of the policy about mentioning other sites here)
    My knowledge of modeling ends at minor tweaks in notepad++ & paint.net, so my abilities are very limited, but I recently got these three quite old mods somewhat working & figured I'd share. All screenshots are in 0.6.1

1971 Ford F100; works well, cleared windows so in car cameras can be used, animations/flares work & color can be changed. Drives a bit twitchy though. No addons. Deformation is decent. Best of the bunch. Great FPS.
    screenshot_00000.png
    1986 Chevy Silverado; Works decent, no color change options (textures aren't proper, I just darkened things enough that "no texture" isn't repeatedly written on the orange part of the truck). Rolls easily, but has the ability to swap engines (874hp I6!!) & wheels. I wouldn't recommend suspension swaps, as they don't sit correctly other than sport suspension & stock. Deformation is decent. No light flares. Dash animations work. Good FPS
    screenshot_00004.png
    1965 Plymouth Belvedere; Works decent. Parking brake opens hood (no idea why), drives decent, not the greatest deformation, but it's passable. No light flares, no dash animations. Good FPS
    screenshot_00007.png

I'm working on adding the zips shortly, I'm just waiting a few to make sure there are no objections to their upload. Also trying to find original author credits & not stolen russian thief credits.... Coming up empty. Anyone know anything about these? Any objections?

**UPDATE: Zips added**

Attached Files:

#1 kaotik_inc, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

the chevy isnt russian

3. kaotik_inc

kaotik_inc
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    I'm aware the original wasn't russian, it was very old & unsupported completely.... This version was "updated" by a russian mod site (hence, the thread title), which is where I picked it up & further "edited" the textures. Know who the original author is so I can credit them?

4. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

ah i see.
    also all 3 these zips can go in documents/beamng.drive/mods

5. kaotik_inc

kaotik_inc
    Expand Collapse

Good to know. It didn't work that way for me, which is why I said "MAY need to...." in the instructions. It's not a guideline, it's a tip based on what I personally had to do to make them function. The Ford won't appear in the vehicle selector for me unless it's in the actual game folder, & the Chevy won't function for me unless it's unpacked. I've also repacked these myself before I uploaded them from the originals in the hopes that they could just go in the documents.... I'm glad it worked. I might just switch my files over to the repacks now. Thanks for letting me know.

#5 kaotik_inc, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  6. Powered_By

Powered_By
    Expand Collapse

The Belvedere has had changes done to the model so it could fit the given Jbeam, what resulted was a car that was taller, shorter and in other ways unlike the dimensions of the real life Belvedere. Make some comparisons between real life ones and the Third Party mod to note the differences.

7. kaotik_inc

kaotik_inc
    Expand Collapse

Yes, probably.... But in an earlier post, I mentioned my modelling "skill" is limited, so unless you're offering to fix the issue, it's kind of a moot point, is it not?
    I also pointed out already that the mod is "decent" to quote my words, not perfect. I just like having some extra variety in my game, & simply put this up so other like-minded individuals could enjoy a few extra vehicles. That's all.
    I appreciate your input though, just the same, & perhaps when my skill in blender, etc is better, I'll make the appropriate model. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

the trucks could use a little work and are good starts but the Plymouth needs so much work you are better off finding a good free model and creating a whole new jbeam

• Like Like x 1
  9. kaotik_inc

kaotik_inc
    Expand Collapse

Probably going to be awhile before I'm a good enough modeller to scratch build anything, unfortunately. I have trouble understanding the tutorials on the wiki, I think because some of the people behind beamng's wiki don't speak english as a first language, from what I've seen, so their translation doesn't quite hit the mark for me. I'm basically trying to teach myself from the ground up with little or no help.... Needless to say, it's a long process.

Maybe one day I'll get there, hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sturpy

Sturpy
    Expand Collapse

Earlier versions of the game didn't have the 'mods' folder, so you should try putting it in c:>programs 86x> steam>steamapps>common>beamng DRIVE> vehicles. You can't put the zip in there ether. You have to put the folder containing the car files in there. Let me know if that works.

11. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

I would'nt recommend to put anything on the steam folder , the mods folder work but because they are not info files on these mod , this option must be enabled to see it on car selector :
    886c591d0836dbd0e364ed17c94ad53e.png (this is under options / gameplay)

In my opinion, no matter the country of origin of the original author , he must be credited because he made 99,99% of work !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  13. kaotik_inc

kaotik_inc
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    I'm aware of this. I'm the OP of this post. I uploaded these after I got them working properly.
    Thanks though

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I like the Ford F100.

Mind if I make a few modifications to it? :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. kaotik_inc

kaotik_inc
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    It's a great help actually! Thank you very much!
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree.... Read my earlier posts though.... I'm looking for info on the real creators, which I know for a fact from what I've learned so far is not the guy claiming it on the other site. It will be addressed, rest assured.

It's not technically mine to give permission for... But no one objected when I did it, so I don't object either as long as you share ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    No idea why my posts are doubling.... Sorry guys.

16. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    Expand Collapse

No problem at all. I had a conversation with the guy way back when because The 86 Silverado was one of my favorite vehicles in the game. When it stopped working it was pretty lame for me, so thank you very much for making it workable again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. iller

iller
    Expand Collapse

Aahhh yes!!!
    Finally my '71 Ford F-100 :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice