1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Some questions about "mods" and to "modders"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dayz Me Rollin', Feb 16, 2019.

?

meshslaps good / bad / what

1. Good

10.0%
  2. Don't care at all

17.3%
  3. No

50.0%
  4. Neutral, not good or bad

22.7%
  1. Mad Genexixs

Mad Genexixs
    Expand Collapse

Look, I just made my meshslaps I wanted, I Started with regular beamng videos, then I started using them on thumbnails and then this dood found me lol and If I have fame, idc about it.. I did not started doing mods for some dumb fame. I wanted those cars in-game, so I made them, then I realized they are called meshslaps on the forums. So, yes, I Agree that my meshslaps I have made are BAD. I Have already stopped making them, made those cars I wanted, don't need anything else.

2. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Beamng could take a leaf out of Giants(farmsim devs) book, quality mods mods that are added to the repo can earn money but the mods remain free, however in order to do this I believe there would need to be a far stricter policy to get mods on the repo(ie no half finished mods, no just started/experimental, no automation, and probably no sound mods(lots of the sound mods are made using online sources)). An agreement stating you are entering a legally binding agreement so anything that is not your own work that is uploaded will leave you alone responsible with legal repercussions would also be essential.

Now all that being said I dunno if its even an idea I support.

#42 corvette81, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Jumping in again, the root of the problem with meshslaps seems to be three-pronged:
    1. Spamming the Community Screenshots thread with images of them - itself an entirely separate issue.
    2. Falsely claiming authorship of mods/3D assets/etc.
    3. Starting/participating in flamewars/fights about one or both of the above.
    Meshslaps themselves aren't a serious problem, but the forum behaviour surrounding them tends towards terrible.

We should therefore:
    1. Report spam where necessary
    2. Conduct ourselves honestly when creating and posting our own mods, and utilize the "report resource" button when we encounter stolen work upload_2019-2-19_15-11-2.png
    3. Avoid unnecessary drama. Report flamewar-type behaviour whenever you see it.

#43 YellowRusty, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 9
  4. StirlingSLR

StirlingSLR
    Expand Collapse

I never told anyone to harass you, if someone else did it, then it's his fault

If anything, you harassed me on the contrary. It's quite absurd how you say like that despite you got my mods from sketchy way, degraded them as if they're garbage meshslaps, and then leaked them.

Sure, I agree that claiming copyright strike wasn't good idea. But regardless of that, look, I've spent about 2 months for making a Kia Stinger mod for example. But you called it "garbage meshslap" and then leaked it without my permission. It's really unfair and disrespectful.

Also, don't judge my mods as low effort meshslap just because it's private mod and most of them are generally low effort. Each mods have different amount of effort put into it. And if you want to criticize my mods, atleast get them through the right way first. Not from super sketchy way or sites. I'm still not even sure why or what made you to act like Ivan(honestly worse than Ivan)

#44 StirlingSLR, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  5. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

Here's a better idea - stop making mods with copyrighted content (unless you have permission from the original owner/author). Instead, make mods from scratch like some highly-talented users within the forums. That applies to everyone here on the forums, end of story.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice