Some forum Layout/design suggestions

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DevKryton, Aug 31, 2013.

1. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

So, I have here 5 suggestions wich in my Opinion would make the forum a little bit more beautiful and cleaner :)

1. Instead of "Thanked x times in x posts" maybe a bit more cleaner version wich says only "thanked: x"

2. A smaller "the following users say thanks to x for this...." like on ror forums.

3. Make buttons and avatars bigger, it makes everything look more clean and there isn't a useless white space next to the avatar.

4. Make a bigger off-topic section for people to discuss like on ror forums.

5. Make a bigger general chat about beamng like on ror forums for ror. I think on place to post threads isnt enough, specially when beamng will get more users.

6.Isn't really the design but: Donation and donator buttons :)

#1 DevKryton, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. MarkusPersson

MarkusPersson
    Expand Collapse

I really think they need to add a forum for finished car mods, maps etc

3. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

More like a repo :)

4. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

there's already an offtopic and a chat room.

5. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

4 and 5 already exist.

6. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

1 and 2 doesn't really bother me to much.

3 Yes because I make my avatars the same as ror but you can barely read my name.

4 There is one under General Discussion.

5 There's one under the chat tab, unless you're talking about something else.

6 Don't really see the point in them besides bragging rights.

7. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

I know, but in more complex way like in ror. There is only one place to post threads in offtopic.

8. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Description
    1.item
    2.item
    3.item
    4.item​

Oh look, I don't have to scroll to read that list and there aren't any huge over sized numbers. You should be the last person to lecture on forum layouts. That said, I like the small buttons and icons. I like to have a lot of clean white space. A bigger avatar image would be nice but when the beamNG Drive thing was HUGE it looked incredibly messy. Now its a neat little non-invasive label and its nice. Maybe times are changing but when certain objects are huge and in your face it doesn't help.

Your original post, for example. Those huge red letters, they're annoying. We could see them to begin with, we didn't need red numbers at 100000pt in bold or underlines on each item on that list.

9. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

Well, first I tryed to attach the pic to the thread, but they were to small so I took that way. And having normal sized texts between those huge pic (wasn't my plan to make them so big) will end in people not reading it. So I made them more visible.

And to be honest, I have better things to do than spend my whole afternoon on the layout and looking of a thread.
    And I am not peron to lecture about the layout, those are as I sad at least 1 time just my opinions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice