Some dark magic mirrors

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by NeoSlx, Feb 20, 2020.

1. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

Notice anything... off?

(notice how the engine is like, blocking the center rear view mirror, but nope you can see right through that :)

Attached Files:

• Screenshot31.png
    • Screenshot30.png
  2. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Shoot, if I remember correctly, this is an issue that isn't very easily resolved. I saw a forum post a while back from a dev a while back explaining why mirrors are kind of funky - I believe it had to do with multiple cameras? Moral of the story was that mirrors were going to stay the same, though, I believe. My apologies for the vague description, I tried to find the post but no dice.

3. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

beam's mirrors use the same reflections outside the vehicle, so they're kinda shitty. dont think anything can be done about it easily

4. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

It's to save on performance. Mirrors that reflect the vehicle they are on are very taxing on your computer. The less it has to reflect the better the performance

5. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

I think it's more to do with how the dynamic reflections are done; the entire car's reflection is only rendered from a center "camera", so even if you included the car in the reflection, the rear view mirror might work as you would expect, but the left and right outside mirrors will show the same reflection as the rear view mirror.

6. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking more of the mirrors that have the picture in picture stuff.
    20160709152854_1.jpg
    Arma 3 for example. IIRC it uses both a dynamic reflection system and a picture in picture system. The car body is not reflecting itself but the mirrors are "reflecting" the car.

7. HeepXJ40

HeepXJ40
    Expand Collapse

Yea that'd actually be cool, if only we could have multiple reflection maps so the side mirrors are usable

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice