1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

[SOLVED] Can't get the wheel working at 900°

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ast5515, May 29, 2015.

1. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

I have a Logitech Driving Force GT. Ever since updating to the steam early access version, I can't get the wheel to be working at 900°. I'm using the same settings in Logitech profiler as before (900°, allow game to modify settings), and now 90° of movement turns the in game wheel fully. I changed EVERY SINGLE setting everywhere, no luck.
    Any help?

#1 ast5515, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Re: Can't get the wheel working at 900°

Hello,
    I'm not familiar with that specific model of steering wheel. But there should be no reason for it to work at 200º on BeamNG (we don't try to limit the degrees of rotation in any way).

Please try the following:
    - In windows control panel (game controllers section), please search for an option to increase the steering lock.
    - If you have Logitech Profiler or Logitech Gaming Software, make sure it is not automatically reverting to 200º when launching the game (due to faulty running-game detection, for example).
    - Logitech wheels usually have a hidden button combination to switch the steering lock from reduced, to full 900º lock. I'm not sure if this combo will work for your model, but please try simultaneously pressing "Select" button, "R3" button, and the right shift paddle.

Please tell me if any of that works.

3. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

In windows control panel, it's set to 900°.
    In Logitech Profiler it's set to 900°, I checked while the game was running.
    Unfortunately nothing happens with that button combo.
    My current in game settings: Steering is set to the X axis (wheel), linearity 1, scale set to 1, ranged and inverted are NOT checked, deadzone start and end are set to 0.
    I tried moving these settings around, no luck.
    The wheel works at 900° in every other game and it worked fine before updating the game today.

4. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Maybe setting the scale higher will increase the roatation.

5. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

Setting it higher kinda fixes the ratio, so turning 90° turns 90° in game, but the force feedback engine still doesn't let me turn it any further and even if I do, nothing happens in game.

6. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Hmm okay, let's try this. Open the Controls menu, go to Hardware tab, move your wheel until you feel the force feedbaack of the 200º "lock". Let it settle for a few seconds (it may take a few seconds to update properly), and watch the steering axis bar. Is it all the way to the left? Or on the contrary, it's sitting somewhere in the left half of the bar?

7. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

It goes all the way to the left. And that's what confuses me, because it looks as if the wheel was set to 200°, but in every other game, it's working fine at 900°.

8. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Indeed, very confusing... This seems to be a problem outside BeamNG.Drive, because what you see in the hardware panel, is what the game gets from Direct Input, as-is, unfiltered.

Try to set the wheel force feedback to exactly 100% on Windows control panel. There are some reports of people getting weird behaviours when going slightly over 100%.
    Also, update to the latest version of Logitech Profiler, and make sure that it is running *before* you start BeamNG.Drive (check in ctrl+shift+esc task manager that there's no errand BeamNG process in there). Some people complain that their games lock at 200º otherwise.

9. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... Turns out it's the brilliant Logitech engineering that failed. A system similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDwQEPt6Wv8 opearates in the DFGT and instead of that engine dying, it's acting up, switching modes all the time. So after manually setting it to 900° and disconnecting that thing, it seems to be fine.

10. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Oh wow, that's bad! Well I'm glad you got it to work, now go enjoy some driving! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice