1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Solved - 0.8.3 Vehicle JBeam Modifications

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by SHOme1289, May 14, 2015.

1. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I just was wondering, since I have been trying to mod some jbeam stuff, it is not as easy as it was before, where I find the vehicle in the vehicles folder, and attack the engine or suspension jbeams, ctrl+r and the values are updated in game....I am trying to mess with the HP values, but I keep messing something up, what is the best way to add/subract HP and suspension values? I am doing it the same as I used to, and I am fully aware of the syntax etc, so I am not doing anything wrong, but the game spazzes out when I try and change the Sunburst or 200BX engine values. I tried the steam directory for the content/vehicles folder, not doing it....since the zips were introduced is when I started having problems and stopped playing really because the game got really complicated. in terms of modding etc. I finally got the level mods to work that I downloaded.....sorry if this is already covered elsewhere, but the search function blows in terms of finding exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for any help!

#1 SHOme1289, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Re: 0.8.3 Vehicle Mods

NeverMind

3. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

any ideas?

4. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

You just need to open the vehicles folder in the steam directory. Such as coupe.zip open that zip and find the folder in the zip called coupe, exctract that to your mods folder in my documents. You can then edit that however you want in realtime and if you want to revert to the original simply delete that folder. Its far better than having permanently modded official cars that can break updates.

5. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

OK now I understand the zips. Thanks so much, interest level turnt up again lol

- - - Updated - - -

i did what you said and it did not work, I took the "sunburst" folder from within the zip from the steam/content/vehicles folder and copied it to the mods folder, and nothing happened...did a torque curve mod to give the 1.8 CVT some more power and it is bone stock...so confused? :confused::confused:

NM i figure it out.....
    I did not have a vehicles folder inside the mods folder, so that was what did it.

Now its really solved lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice