SolidWorks Models for BeamNG

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by PlayPrey, Sep 26, 2013.

1. PlayPrey

PlayPrey
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible to use SolidWorks to create cars for BeamNG?
    I know SolidWorks creates a ton of polys, atleast it looks like a ton.
    So i though MAYBE it was possible to extract the SolidWorks model, and import it in Blender, ( People have managed to do so ), reduce as many polys as possible but still keep the nice look, then extract as .dae?

I have huge problems learning Blender, but when i started with solidworks at school it was super easy and fun.
    Plus i might get a 1year subscription for free from my teacher.

If this is indeed possible, i will be making several cars for BeamNG (not real cars, ill have to invent my own cars on the fly xD ). ( i have no real car i can use, and to do it all accurate i need to measure lengths and stuff.. )

PLEASE say its possible :p :):):)

2. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I see no problem with converting .stl to .dae through Blender. I would advise converting a couple of simple models and importing them into Drive, just to see if it explodes before moving onto a proper project.

3. PlayPrey

PlayPrey
    Expand Collapse

Sweet! I can make somewhat decent models ( or funny looking ones ) quite fast, without the inside though, but i can always update old models with the inside later... So when i get the 1year solidworks key from the teacher, expect some funny models :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice