1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

"Softbrush force" too high on some of the vegetation objects on ECUSA

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Ai'Torror, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

As you can see really small bushes can actually lift a whole trailer up in the air.

Yes, it is a modded trailer, but that's just so the effect is more visible. Trailer is essentially the small flatbed trailer and small utility trailers combined. It weights even a little too much since I forgot to reduce node weight in a couple of spots when downsizing stuff.

As you can see nearly 600Kg (312KG on the wheels when attached to the truck)
    Its no carbon fibre 10 kg trailer to get flung up in the air by a bunch of ferns :D
    They're nowhere that strong ( I weight around 85Kg and I can't lay on a clump of ferns without breaking them for comparison)

Not sure if there is an actual option to change how strong softbrushes are, but I thought it could be useful to report something like that, since its an easy thing to overlook during developement of such a complex game.
    --- Post updated ---

Here's the area when you can notice the effect I'm talking about really easilly, its powerfull enought to start lifting up the rear end of a pickup truck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice