Released Smokey Mountain, Gran Turismo 2 inspired track.

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Sk1058, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Sk1058

Sk1058
    Expand Collapse

Note: 06/19/22 The new version of Beamng no longer supports this mod. The textures are corrupted.

Hello. This is my first mod for Beamng. This track is inspired by Smokey Mountain from Gran Turismo 2. To start I used the map Slav Rally by RetrO_TyT. I tried to contact him to ask for permission, still waiting for a reply. The only thing left from that map is part of a forest and 1 hill. I did not yet figure out how to plant my own trees yet.

Known Bugs: Use the "replace current" option when choosing a car. The other option will make your car fall trought the map. Not sure how to fix this.

To install the track just drop it in your
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\levels

Please report any bugs. Thank you.

If you enjoy my work feel free to buy me a coffee:
    paypal.me/sk1058

Thank you umustbeloggedinto for adding AI to the track.

Feel free to make any changes and republish the map. Give credit.

Attached Files:

#1 Sk1058, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. _Archer_

_Archer_
    Expand Collapse

Hi there,

Thanks for the mod. It's a good start visually. The track though is a bit too simple, as well as much too wide and too bumpy for my taste.
    What would you think about making the whole track somewhere between 1/2 and 1/3 as wide and take out some (not all) of the bumps. Add a few more curves and it should be great fun. If you're feeling like it you may later want to add some additional dirt roads into the mountains or something else entirely :)

Best wishes

3. Sk1058

Sk1058
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for checking it out. I agree that it is too wide. I got rid of some of the bumps on the new version I am working on. I will try to release a better version.

4. STICH666

STICH666
    Expand Collapse

That looks like a lot of fun especially for a first attempt! What tutorial did you use to structure your zip file. I can't get mine to work.

5. Sk1058

Sk1058
    Expand Collapse

Here is the tutorial. The part you need is at 40:20 of the video.

Did you download my map? I really need someone to test it a little. Thanks.

6. Sk1058

Sk1058
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone. I want to release the new version of the game.
    Change log.
    1. Added a new narrow route that goes around the lake and on top of the bridge.
    2. Changed the color of the sky, and time of the day, now you can see the clouds.
    3. Removed part of the long barrier so one could see the river along the canyon.
    4. Added new fences.
    5. Reworked the mountains.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot1241.png
    • Screenshot1236.png
    • Screenshot1232.png
    #6 Sk1058, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  7. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

Hello, @Sk1058 , I downloaded this map and it is really well done. But I noticed there was no AI support. I decided to add the AI myself. Here is a video of it in action: and I'm surprised that it worked really well.

Also, can I send you this version so you can use this with AI support? Make sure to credit me.

--- Post updated ---
    Also, the map is getting falsely flagged for "Outdated version of Slav Rally." Why? I can't fix this.
    I fixed that, I just had to remove the mod_info folder, and then rezip it.

#7 umustbeloggedintododat, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  8. Sk1058

Sk1058
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for working on the map. Feel free to do anything you want with the map. Feel free to upload your version to the forum or mods section.

I am waiting for the permission of the "slav rally" author before I can publish the map to the mods section. I am not sure if I should wait or not?

You can send me a google drive link. I will see what I can do. I will give credit. Thanks.

#8 Sk1058, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  9. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

Ok. I will make a drive link.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice