Skybox and Scatter Sky

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by rt389g@hotmail.c, Sep 19, 2014.

1. rt389g@hotmail.c

rt389g@hotmail.c
    Expand Collapse

Did a search and did see not too long ago someone found a bug where you had to turn off and on HDR for the skybox to work properly. So, I tried running Scatter Sky and Skybox at the same time, no sun, no TOD. I notice when I first load them, I have to hide the scatter box then unhide it then it seems to work. It even seems to work starting and stopping the level and restarting the game as long as the skybox it under the scatter sky. (Maybe that makes no difference but it seemed to). Yes I have tried putting images on the skybox. Yes I know its not the best way to do it. I just like experimenting. So, will I run into problems doing it this way? The main reason for this was my skybox looked like crap, escpecially how it reflected the water. Scatter Sky makes the water reflection look right. Maybe there is another way around this, I do not know.

My other question is when I did put a boat in the skybox image it looked HUGE. I then made the boat a third of the size, but it was still HUGE in game, and I could see no difference in size. I will have to double check to see if I somehow screwed up, but I did check it last night and the boat in the image was definetly smaller.

Any suggestions is apprieciated.

2. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

In the water settings you can pick a skybox to use as reflections. I think it can be different to the one you are using in the map. I guess you could pick one of the default ones that looks ok, or you could modify one to your liking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice