Solved Skin Appears Blank

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Mr. Snrub, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Mr. Snrub

Mr. Snrub
    Expand Collapse

I suspect this is a rather simple issue with an even simpler fix, but I'm having a little trouble given my inexperience.

Essentially, I've got this Bolide skin, base color map, metallic map, palette map, all that. The problem is in game it appears blank, as if the car had no skin applied at all.

I would provide a screenshot, but I think you can picture a Bolide without a livery on it.

What I will provide is the file so you can take a look for yourself. Don't mind the ETK files, they're unrelated.

Attached Files:

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Your file and skin naming scheme is extremely inconsistent, it's sometimes called "GT1corvette", sometimes "gtcorvette1", sometimes "gt1db7"... IT ALL MUST BE EXACTLY THE SAME or else it won't work

3. Mr. Snrub

Mr. Snrub
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for pointing that out, I, somehow, did not notice the inconsistencies (although I certainly should have). I suppose that's what I get for working on it late into the night.

Did you notice any instances besides the jbeam? I fixed the file name, but the issue remains.

Edit: Upon further investigation, the culprit was an exhaustion induced typo. Thank you for the help, especially given how obvious the issue was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice