Simplier Jbeam building

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by aeoe, Jul 28, 2019.

1. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

I dont really good at scripting, so why we cant make Jbeam like 3d model?

(i mean we insert model in Jbeam app and then make jbeam on/in object/car)

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

That would DEFINITELY be a very useful program for a lot of people on here, but right now the closest to that is a Blender plugin that can create jbeams for you with some assistance from yourself

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

isn't that kinda how the automation plugin works? Im not getting into the specific but its a valid reason to show why most jbeams are done manually

4. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Automatic jbeam generator would not work in the slightest for proper mods, as stuff like suspension node placement is really important. Also you need to manually adjust the beams properties anyways.
    Jbeam is already quite easy to figure out with the help of the wiki, so I don't see a point of a tool like that.

5. TidusKlein

TidusKlein
    Expand Collapse

Jbeams not really that hard and you can do model it in blender too, just use vertices and edges to model out the jbeam then use the exporter to well export the nodes, then use the tool packaged with the game to make all the beams. After that i use visual studio code to set properties and flex body's and ect.

I managed to teach my self jbeam with the wikis help....wish the wiki was more up to date thou... alot of jbeam properties the devs have added that the wiki does not cover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice