Scrathes

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by NotLikeThis, Jan 19, 2016.

1. NotLikeThis

NotLikeThis
    Expand Collapse

Why BNG still has no scrathes? Is it hard to make diffuse map scratching somehow?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I recall reading somewhere here that it's not possible at the moment because dynamic textures weren't implemented at that time. I'm not sure if they're already implemented by now, but I'm pretty sure the devs would've already added scratches, dirt etc if they were implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The current setup of vehicles' materials is very, very expensive (So expensive that at a certain point, you start to get GPU-Limited rather than CPU..)
    We first have to improve the renderer (which is in the works) before thinking of that.

• Like Like x 4
  4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Why is it such a big deal at this point in time anyway the game is an alpha quickly progressing as it is.

And all people care about is the small details that are not there as opposed to those that are.

Yes scratches and dirt would be nice.
    But obviously those aren't easily doing at this moment in time.

Both of those things I'd mentioned have been repeatedly requested.

Back on topic

I think BeamNG has always had problems with video memory and graphical overload between the early releases having vegetation that needed to be fixed so bad that we lost Dry Rock Island over it, and the cars slowly improving texture wise over the last few years since release.

#4 KennyWah, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  5. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

well, it is kind of a big deal since it would make the crashes look a lot more beliveable.
    at the moment, crashing is the most interesting thing you can do in this game
    as the tire model is not good enough yet to make beamng an alternative to
    sims like rfactor 2 or assetto corsa.
    but thats just my opinion, if it is that hard to implement i can wait.

6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Nope, sorry guys. I'm out for the day.

7. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

im not bashing the game, im just saying that the tire model is not on the level of serious racing sims yet,
    so im going to play one of those if i want realistic racing.
    whats wrong with that? also scratches do make quite a difference. doesnt change the fact that no other games comes close in terms of damage model.

8. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Asseto Corsa and Rfactor2... are the middle ground between serious and more casual racing sims.

Sorry but honestly these are not serious racing sims.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

well okay, tell me what a "serious" racing sim is in your opinion? iracing?
    also even if these arent serious racing sims, there tire models are still miles ahead of what we have in beam right now. im talking tire wear, tire heat etc.

10. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Nascar 2003 season

Race 07 - mostly despite some nonsense 3D physics, with tires?

Stock Car Extreme - Tiny player base

Iracing

Rfactor - However vehicular Collison is awful And Ai.

And beamng doesn't need scratches right now I really don't see the big deal. Almost no game has done them right.

Also tire wear/tire heat isn't really related to tire model.

Yes beamng lacks those features sadly.

also sorry I'm just sick of people saying the following games are full racing sims

rfactor 2 which has just awful collision that would take me right out of the action.

Or AC when there is this constant disconnect from the cars and it just never feels quite right. Especially when the physics are in the transition between edge of traction, it all just feels off, cars feel more alive in the other games I was mentioning in general.

Or Pcars which can honestly go due for all I care as it has the worst physics ever, it could be renamed "fight your car at high speed". Plus the devs want to fund a second one when the first is still a bug fest with missing features which is laughable. Even if Pcars did get better having wanted to fund the next game before the first is developmed properly makes it seem like a wasted investment. And the over quantity of cars that are unusable here is awful.

Now I've played everything mentioned on this page but rfactor 2 and iracing.

Rfactor 2 just.. idk the Collison has issues.

#10 KennyWah, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

Want scratches? Play Forza Motorsport..

Everything but the car is made out of sandpaper...

• Like Like x 2
  12. stbest95

stbest95
    Expand Collapse

well, i agree about those games and i have played most of them.
    i was just using AC and Rf2 as examples since they are pretty much the most popular sims at the moment that came out more recently.
    should have mentioned stock car extreme as well. like i said in my first post, if scratches are hard to implement i have no problem waiting. i just think they would add to the experience.
    on the tire model, even when ignoring heat/wear i think there is something lacking in beamng, it just doesnt feel right.
    maybe it is just the force feedback that needs work but i feel like the cars dont behave the way you would expect them to.
    often i get understeer when i expect oversteer and the opposite, and it seems like the steering even on the racing cars is not as direct as it should be (feels like the steering linearity is off?).
    again i really like the game, i just think the tire model (and FFB) needs some work, which is to be expected in a game in alpha state.

edit: i really recommend you to give rfactor 2 a try ! when using the better content (some cars and tracks sadly havent been updated for years) it will give you a feel like no other, every lap feels different and the cars are very alive. also the ai is some of the best you can get in a recent title. collision may suck but that is a problem in online racing in general.

#12 stbest95, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  13. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Not too bad in Race07 and StockCar Extreame

14. NotLikeThis

NotLikeThis
    Expand Collapse

Race 07 LOL WUT? It`s the most retarded simulator i`ve ever seen. Seriously, from all the SimBin games, Race 07 is the worst.

15. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

How.

Pcars is far worse.

Race07's only main issue is odd moments where cars flip over in tight corners where it would otherwise not make sense.

The sim also a tad more forgiving for what it is sometimes.

Other than that there really isn't much wrong with it... just a few conflict issues with addons/expansions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice