Scratches+Doors (see post for dietails)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DoritoMan113, Aug 17, 2018.

1. DoritoMan113

DoritoMan113
    Expand Collapse

I think there should be a sound for when a vehicle is being dragged across a surface, like a metal scraping sound. Also, (If the beam engine is able to do this) paint scratches would be a nice addition.

I also think there should be a node that you could grab to open doors, and when doors hit the car they would close and make a nice satisfying door clunk.

(Edit) the doors should not clunk closed after the lock breaks (like they do currently)

(another edit) this one should be pretty easy and fps friendly: have a black charred texture and apply it wherever fire particles touch.
    This system could also be used to do other effects like dirt splatter etc.

#1 DoritoMan113, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 9
  2. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

THis would be pretty nice to have in game, I feel like it would not be that hard either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

The devs supposedly are working on an updated sound system that gives each material a sound... so maybe that will happen, but don't hold my word for it

4. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

The better sound mod has a sound, but no visual

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

Implementing the paint scratch would be hard. You could have a scratch skin, but one that generates scrape marks on-going?

6. maximd1122

maximd1122
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. I don't know how feasible the scratches would be but I can imagine just having a few different textures that the game can apply and/or layer. Also more realistic dents (that don't have glitched shadows like when the roof fold in) would be great additions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mr.Blueboy

Mr.Blueboy
    Expand Collapse

This is a pretty good idea. I've always wanted more alternative sounds in Beamng.

8. DoritoMan113

DoritoMan113
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I truly believe sound is one of the most important parts of a game. We experience so many sounds in out daily life that are all meshed together to make a constant flow of different sounds. I think games should have as many different sounds for one event (such as crash sounds) as possible. The new sound update really helped with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice