SBR4 Active Aero Suggestion

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Evie Is Scared, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Evie Is Scared

Evie Is Scared
    Expand Collapse

As we all know, the SBR4 has active aero. Wouldn't it be cool if it had settings?

Low drag mode: The spoiler (or wing idk it doesn't really look like it makes much downforce) stays in a lower position making the car a little bit faster on the straights.

Track mode: The spoiler stays at its normal position regardless of speed and acts as an airbrake when braking.

Street (Normal) mode: The spoiler stays retracted until it hits some speed around 60mph and acts as a airbrake if the brake input is over 50-ish%.

Static mode: The spoiler stays at a the drivers choice of a predetermined height reguardless by what the car does (Low, Medium, High).

Off mode: The spoiler stays down regardless of what the car is doing.

I cant think of much else so if you have Ideas go ahead and tell me!

(Also, I think it would be cool if the K-series has a optional retractable diffuser?? :eek:)

#1 Evie Is Scared, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 8
  2. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

That is possible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

It would be nice if features like this got more attention. I don't know much about active aero so I don't know what options would be realistic, but I'm sure at least off/low downforce/normal options should be present. With the ESC toggle recently added to the default apps it would make sense to have other options there such as this. Hopefully we will see more stuff like this in official cars.

I also wish they would add a filler part for the SBR4 wing; it looks really silly having all the fancy aero parts on the hill climb version of this high end car and a big black gap where the factory spoiler would be.
    --- Post updated ---
    Decided to quickly look up active aero stuff and saw a Motortrend article from April saying "General Motors has filed a patent for a comprehensive aerodynamic system that includes an adjustable spoiler, front splitter, diffuser, and ride height" for the Corvette.

Seeing that the Corvette and K-Series are both modern sports cars, maybe it would make sense for the K-Series to get some fancy aero parts. It does really need some optional parts, and more performance parts could make it a very competitive vehicle on the track.

#3 ManfredE3, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Not bad. But i think it would be a nicer feature too to have a non-aero spoiler or just a cover for the slot where the spoiler goes for the low end base versions of the car.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

This is an excellent suggestion, and one which I never even though about while using the SBR4. I reckon that this feature may seriously improve the realism of our only modern supercar, and it certainly wouldn't be massively difficult to add into the game. Who knows? This may encourage more people to make modern supercars if it was implemented.

We've already got the Nomi GTT/GTC/GTRX wings, race suspension and differentials, and lighter flywheels for the K-Series, my friend. Just take a look at this Kc6tx that I made with stock parts.
    screenshot_00319.png

However, I do agree that the K-Series could use a V8/V10/V12, or just some way to increase its power. The chassis can certainly handle more power.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I know the K-Series has some race suspension parts and wings, but there's a lot it still could have. I personally love the K-Series, but it's not really well liked in the community as a whole, partially due to the lack of parts. Right now it's more of a midrange sports car, but I think with active aero and bigger engines it would approach modern super car status, a heavily requested vehicle type. A GT3, hill climb, and budget supercar config could be a well needed boost to this cars popularity. Some Nomi aero parts for the K-Series and Pessima mk.II have been in the game for awhile now, and the K-Series has race suspension. Not sure why neither of them have hill climb configs yet.

I would love to see those engine types, but when I suggested it someone pointed out that the IRL counterparts to the K-Series don't usually have large engines. I think this would be an acceptable exception to the "what would be realistic" issue though ; )

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice