Solved .sbeam file Help?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Dudeman, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Dudeman

Dudeman
    Expand Collapse

I have been trying to create backfire for my Countach mod and was easily able to make this happen at high rpms as the engine is an old Lamborghini 5.0L V12 and is known to backfire when letting of the gas and at high rpms
    I cannot seem to get it to play when letting off the gas
    I attempted to use
    [8] (drivetrain.torque)
    [9] (drivetrain.torqueTransmission)
    as a source but they behaved erratically
    I was told that only the electrics streams work
    but the game seems to accept [8] and [9] as valid sources (from the engine info streams)
    and attempting to make the sound play when those values went negative (wheels drive engine and engine braking occurs)
    what can I do and or what am I doing wrong
    also found a forum bug
    the forum will not let me upload .sbeam files but accepts .jbeam

Attached Files:

2. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Right now, the sbeam code only looks in electrics for a source, and can't do much to condition the value in the sbeam definition itself.

We try to maintain backwards compatibility for function of sbeam and jbeam but the sound code and lua in general is subject to change. Not to discourage you from experimenting, but just be aware if you want to release a mod with lua changes, that it may break in the future.

So that being said, a hint on how I would try it is to write some lua in the vehicle folder to generate an electrics value using drivetrain.rpm, drivetrain.throttle, etc and doing some conditioning of the value. Then the sbeam code should see it and be able to use it. No gaurantees though, since I haven't tried it myself ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice