Rv'ing Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by logoster, Sep 29, 2014.

1. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Hello, this is a thread you can discuss Rv'ing and Rv'ing related things in (including, but not limited to: full time rv'ing, occasional rv'ing, rv products and gadgets, motorhomes, 5th wheels, and travel trailers)

i'm actually curious as to what everyones favorite motorhome and/or 5th wheel is

My Favorite motorhome: thor motor coach outlaw class a toy hauler with the 37MD floorplan

Favorite 5th wheel: HeartlandRV elkridge with the ER38RSRT floorplan

let the discussions, BEGIN

2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I wonder what it would be like to live in an RV. Or buy an old schoolbus and turn it into an RV.

3. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i'm actually considering buying a nice class a motorhome (or class c, or 5th wheel, not really decided on that part yet either) and become a full-time rv'er, as it seems fun (there's this thing called boondocking which sounds really fun) and the average house price here in California is $430K, while a nice motorhome (even brand new) will go for around $100K ($80K if class c)

4. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I'm not really that into it, but this is what the Motorhome my grandmother has looks like. Got a big block in it I'm pretty sure.
    Here's what it looked like as of March (ish) of this year. Nothing has changed accept the fake grass mat is now wadded up under the bumper.
    Oh and I accidentally broke off the little orange turn signal thing that sticks off on the passenger side. It's still hanging there by the wires.
    IMG_1488.JPG

5. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

also, here's a picture of my fave rv and 5th wheel:

RV:

365407_4.JPG

and 5th wheel(video because i couldn't find a decent image):

#5 logoster, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

My favourite RV: comes with a free 5th wheel, TurnTable

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
  7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

For those wondering the difference between a class a, class c, and class b motorhome:

Class B: A Class B motorhome is built using a cargo or camper van as the base. They are often called “conversion vans” or “camper vans.” However, it has a raised roof and is much larger than a typical van; most are built with a high enough roof to allow its occupants to stand up inside.

Class C:
    Class C motorhomes usually use a van or truck chassis built specifically for motorhome use, with an attached cab. They provide many of the luxury amenities of the more extravagant Class A motorhomes, but are less expensive. They provide a midpoint between the very stripped-down Class B motorhome family and Class A luxury motor coaches.

Class A:
    The Class A motorhome is the most luxurious classification of RV available. They are built on heavy-duty frames like a commercial truck or bus chassis. Some, like the King Aire, are built on a customized chassis built specifically for its design. They are equipped for vacations or short trips, but they are also commonly used by full-time RVers.

and a website for more detail:

http://www.newmarcorp.com/blog/post...between-class-class-b-and-class-c-motorhomes/ (where the above quotes come from)

2nd website: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?action=RVtypes

8. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Aint she sexy?
    imagesCA8OB0HU.jpg

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

ill do you one better:

maxresdefault.jpg

10. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

^ Epic

I also do like the look of 80s RVs
    hqdefault.jpg

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

have video of the volvo semi-truck rv conversion:

#11 logoster, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  12. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Why not haul a complete house with you.

(imported from here)

It is not a house being transported, its a house on wheels.

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

stuff not being tied down and all that, plus the great thing about motorhomes is that your passenger's can go to the bathroom anytime while your driving, unlike something like that, at which point you'd have to pull over, or find a rest stop

idk about you, but i'd personally find them being able to do it as your driving far better then having to pull over

14. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

What can I say, I just love classic RV's.
    rfk5d4x.jpg

AND METH.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice