WIP rubix cube car (need to know how to jbeam)

Discussion in 'Land' started by orangelazer, Mar 25, 2014.

1. orangelazer

orangelazer
    Expand Collapse

jut don't ask why i am bored that's why :eek:
    untiffftled.png rubixcube - with wheels.blend.png untitled.png
    it will have wheels and i might try and make a surprise in side it.
    is there a thread on how to have working wheels?
    i have it in game screenshot_00029.png but.. screenshot_00030.png its floating and it has no working wheels

(sorry for short thread) (this was made for fun)

- - - Updated - - -

i just realized how weird this is :p

#1 orangelazer, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Re: rubix cube car (i don't know why)

A thread for a cube..

I think Drowsy already said this, but making a thread for everything anybody makes in Blender is waste of forum space.
    I'd suggest to post when you get something ingame or at least promising progresses.

As you can see, there are already enough dead threads floating around..

Example: http://www.beamng.com/threads/7148-Cartoon-Car

... :|

3. R3VAMP3RZ

R3VAMP3RZ
    Expand Collapse

I think it's going to be cool to see This in game..

jBEAM tutorial time!!!
    Basically if you want to get this in game and don't know how to JBEAM, you can try use the fullsize JBEAM (Gavril Grand Marshal) or the pickup (Same as Gavril Grand Marshal) and go to the orange cube in blender!! It's on the right hand side.. And rename the text saying: "null" to fullsize_body. (With out the period at the end) and then out it in the folder for the Gavril car! And test to see of ot works in game!!! REMEMBER ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR .DAE FILES JUST IN CASS SOMETHING WERE TO HAPPEN, SO YOU CAN REPLACE THEM EASILY AND FAST!!! Hope this helps.. Note: I am just learning JBEAM too. And this means your model will be masses up flipping around weird when you turn and stuff like that, but that is beyond my expertise. Sorry.. But just try this for now to see how it looks in the game.. If you need any further help just PM me..

4. nathan12276

nathan12276
    Expand Collapse

I think this is extremely creative and i like it :) . Oh yea and btw, i think your gonna get allot of hate for this. If your not amazing at something your not good enough in this community supposedly. Don't let them bring you down keep trying. I just wish this community was constructive. Instead of just being a bunch of d-bags, When they probably couldn't do half of what you just did. Good luck with the project.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you could just say get a little further before you post, or watch some tutorials. :) Be constructive, not a d-bag

5. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Still has more structural integrity than the cartoon car (not DSC). :p

I actually think this is just a fun vehicle, and since lazer knows that it is a stupid and weird vehicle, it is a little bit more okay. (This hopefully is just meant as a fun idea)

Also, you should maybe make the Jbeam from scratch, because it is a cube. Cubes shouldn't be hard, and it does not have anything to do with the Grand Marshal.

6. orangelazer

orangelazer
    Expand Collapse

yes it is just for fun (i am no longer bored)
    and i agree it does have more structural integrity than the cartoon car :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

how do i add wheels?

7. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

8. orangelazer

orangelazer
    Expand Collapse

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice