Roadsigns

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DapperDan, Sep 9, 2017.

1. DapperDan

DapperDan
    Expand Collapse

there is a lack of roadsigns in BeamNG.Drive
    for instance

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

I agree, and it seems like they're working on it.

There are already some roadsigns in the vehicle/prop selector, but I know that's not what you mean.

Searching a bit through the Developer Section (https://www.beamng.com/forums/developer-section.170/)

I've found some appear like they are going to be in at least one of the new maps:

Hopefully they will update all of the maps to have them once they decide on a way of implementing them. I'm really hoping they find a way of having them be physics objects.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Since there are road signs in the vehicle selector, someone could try adding them to a current map as vehicles and see how it performed compared to how it does without any, that's probably the best way to go about this I would think.

4. bluerider598

bluerider598
    Expand Collapse

There aren't many road signs because right now you only have 2 options for objects: collision, or no collision at all. Neither of which is realistic for road signs, unless you have the sign behind a guardrail or in front of a rock. Hopefully though, in a future update, environmental jbeam objects will be introduced.

5. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

There are some signs in Utah but you go right through them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice