WIP Beta released Revamped CRD Monster Truck

Discussion in 'Land' started by Deleted member 160369, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

you know you don't HAVE to always be on the throttle, right?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 3
  3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Radiator is tuned for realism. :)

I might make it a bit easier to live with in the next update. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

If so, please keep the difficult option. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

or make it an option, realistic or non realistic.

6. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Keep an eye on the temperature gauge. If it gets near the top, stop driving it full throttle. It only happens if your spinning tires at full throttle for extended time, and you can control your temps by giving the engine a break.

I think it's perfect. I'd opt for a separate select-able radiator with improved cooling maybe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ThunderBuddy02

ThunderBuddy02
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone,
    Congrats to F2YS for getting the Monster Truck on the Repo! I do have a question regarding some of the other trucks that were in the Dev Group, like GMG and GD. What would I do as far as those trucks? And the original file that was in the dev group doesn't work anymore?
    ~ThunderBuddy02

8. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

My advice is to wait. In the future if you notice that everyone else is playing with trucks you don't have, that will be the time to take another look. (eg at that time look around for addon packs and if you can't find them maybe ask for help)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ThunderBuddy02

ThunderBuddy02
    Expand Collapse

Ok. Thanks! The breakable bodies is a huge improvement over the others that I've seen. I used to play RoR, and I always hated how the camera would glitch out whenever the monster truck's body broke off. This is a very big improvement, and I like it a lot!

• Like Like x 4
  10. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

Progress has once again begun for my pack. :D (Please ignore my orange seat, it broke for some reason)

#70 HumanTarget, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. AaronL

AaronL
    Expand Collapse

Alright, well, clearly I have messed up in the past 24 hours.
    Thanks to the very flattering comments, I now understand that pretty much everyone hates me. If you don't know what happened, don't worry, you still hate me.
    I'll admit, I could gotten my comments across differently, which probably would have prevented all of this. None of it was in any way meant to sabotage the mod or frustrate F2YS, my intentions were good, but did not go down as intended.
    Just as my final comments on the situation, I really like the truck and I think the progress made since the original truck is fantastic. I think all of the developers on this mod have done an amazing job, I would have never had the patients to do anything as big as this.

I can't make up for what I did, but I might be able to soften the blow with a bit of a gift.
    This track is technically not a port since I started it months ago and this is the first place it's been released. You'll probably still be mad at me, but at least enjoy the track. :)

Let me know if there are any problems with it. It's been a while since I tried this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  12. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

yo that track looks fun, I'm headed to my mom's house in a few minutes but I will try it out later today, was getting bored of the tracks I have so I started making my own, still need some work though, not many tracks came out in the past month so this is probably the best you can do
    --- Post updated ---
    well I got to test it for a few minutes, I'm satisfied with the airtime I can get off these jumps

13. Max8Adam

Max8Adam
    Expand Collapse

Good job on the map. I went to that exact STL event. Good job Aaron

14. JeefCake

JeefCake
    Expand Collapse

I understand they are monster truck tires full of air, but why does it float on water? If possible, add something to the tires to make it maneuverable in water? Like fins?

15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Monster Trucks floating on water are not unheard of. Some old school trucks (much heavier!) floating across a lake:

Coming with the next update, BlastR by @Blijo and @acapaldi. :)

200BX not included. :D

Attached Files:

• blastr.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SKULL0FD3ATH

SKULL0FD3ATH
    Expand Collapse

so im having problems with rear steering, Can't seem to get manual Rear steer to work even with the independent steering part on the truck, i'm using a xbox controler and got it mapped to LB and RB, tried it with the stock setup on keyboard at first as well.

17. Corrupt Outcast

Corrupt Outcast
    Expand Collapse

when is the next update planned? and if it's gonna be a while can we get a hotfix for the planetaries in the meantime?

18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I've been thoroughly testing the updated planetaries, and I have to say the new version is indeed more realistic.

Power delivery is way smoother and regular, and I can't honestly perceive any power loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Corrupt Outcast

Corrupt Outcast
    Expand Collapse

well personally to me it feels that the truck's acceleration took a small hit and the torque when sidewalling or backflipping are lacking sometimes. but if this is the way things are moving i'm fine with it

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Just tap the throttle than. Drivers IRL and Me in the game do that. (its called throttle control)
    --- Post updated ---
    Back On Track! Can't Wait For The Next Skins!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice