Repository 'Pack' category

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Djplopper, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

The title is pretty explanatory. I basically suggest to add a new category on the repository, the packs category. I take as an example my mod and the variety mod. Both started as simple configs pack but now includes engines, custom parts, wheels, skins and so on making the huge mod packs, i don't know if this is a good idea but i think it could differentiate single mods from big packs

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dario555

Dario555
    Expand Collapse

Good idea

3. RustyRenesis

RustyRenesis
    Expand Collapse

Yep, im 100% onboard, as i´m also making packs. :D

4. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

I also thought of a thing, in Rigs Of Rods there was a mod pack that included all the best mods and could be downloaded, this will allow to add a collection of mods in one single download, it will be more user-friendly for those who buy this game and know little about it

5. RustyRenesis

RustyRenesis
    Expand Collapse

Not sure on that, some users may be picky and only like some of them, or problems downloading and installing all at once...
    You have to take in account a ton of stuff, but other than that it *might* be a good addition...
    It sure would be useful a Dev´s opinion on this.
    --- Post updated ---
    Btw, mind making a private conversation with me? I have something to ask.

6. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

All new idea are always welcome , we work actively on category sorting atm.
    But it's not on our plan to make this kind of "pack" categories because we would prefer to leave the freedom to choose precisely what kind of mod you decide to install, it's would also be harder for modder to keep this pack up to date .

• Like Like x 2
  7. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

Feel free to start it

8. RustyRenesis

RustyRenesis
    Expand Collapse

The problem is i can´t, for some reason, when i click on your picture, it doesnt show the Start a Conversation button...

9. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

i really like the idea , but there aren't many 'packs' like ours on the repo.

sure , i'm totally supporting it , especially because our mods aren't simple 'configuration' mods anymore. but like i said before , there aren't enough people who do the same.

my alternative would be a 'misc' vehicle section. not for configs , not for skins , just for mods which don't really fit into the categories avaiable. The mods there wouldn't be hidden , like the ones from the 'configuration' section.

and with the approval 'system' moderators can sort out / move the mods. (for example when someone posts a simple config mod there) this could keep the category clean for the mods which simply don't fit to other categories.

10. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

Sound mods could be put in that "misc" section too

11. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

We are the only until now, many are following our mod and are creating their config pack, i think the number will increase, we have our visibility, we are on the top resources but who starts a config pack today has little visibility. We have to think about them :)

12. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

that's what i wanted to say with the 'showing up on main page' ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice