1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Replay Bug (Car parts jumping around)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by CrashHard, Jan 26, 2020.

1. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Hey I have come over this bug before (why I did not use the replay system)
    But now after the new awesome camera tool came out I have to use the replay system to get the camera tool to match up with how the cars are driving.
    And im sure you all know about this bug, and I really hope there is a way to fix it, or maybe add some advanced settings for the replay system (so people can make it more precise) So the parts stop jumping around like this
    --- Post updated ---
    I cant be the only one that hopes this can get fixed by the development team
    I did some more tests, this time without mods

• Like Like x 1
  2. CRASHtime

CRASHtime
    Expand Collapse

Me too(((

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's a compromise of the replay system, in short "It's the way replay works".
    Vehicle movements are interpolated. This allows for motion/rotation to be really smooth even when you go extreme with slowmotion.
    As downside, also the distant part are interpolated as well, which results in the jittery movement.

It will more likely stay like this for a while, as it's far from being trivial.
    Additionally, higher framerate and/or usage of slowmotion while recording can alleviate the side effects.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Ahhhh That was sad to hear, but not much to be done about that, I guess I just will have to go back to not using the Camera tool and the replay system for car races with crashes in them. have to go back to the old school way of recording on the fly.
    And btw, I did use 4x slowmotion when making and recording that replay, In other tests I used 8x and 16x it made no differens, the parts still jump around. (i speed it up in editing)
    - Could it be possible to have a ON/OFF option for the replay system to record ALL the data just like it is simulated under gameplay (for high end users) ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice