1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Removing AI Paths

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by SamTehCat, Feb 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SamTehCat

SamTehCat
    Expand Collapse

When I'm using a track map with multiple layouts (or any may where I want to make a track) how could I remove AI paths to keep them where I want instead of taking other routes? I've played around in the editor but I can't seem to get anything to work.

2. zenta

zenta
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem, I'd like to know how to do it if it's possible

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I belive with delac roads you can uncheck the ai box and then it will not take thhat route.

4. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

Im shoulder deep in a 13 mile mountain road, so its all fresh in my mind. First of all, AI is misrepresented, and very simple to add or remove.

press F11 in game.
    in the decal road editor
    select the road to remove AI from
    Change the drivable variable from 1 to -1
    Then go to File: Save.

It will save in your documents/levels folder, if you want to backup, delete or publish it.

Once you get the hang of this, editing roads is easy. Try moving the vector points around and the road width tool. For sections that need to be cut in half to line up with an offshoot road, just delete the unwanted half, and and line the remainder with your planned route. Or you can make a new path under the visible roads and set its render priority variable higher.

If you get carried away and make roads where there are none, you will need to use the terrain paint tool to make road terrain act as such.

The super smooth tool in the terrain editor is very useful for smoothing transitions and new paved areas. Be sure to set the brush width and pressure low enough to be smooth yet manageable.

Now your a level builder :D

#4 Ewanc, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice