Remaster Wishlist/Ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BiscuitTheCollie, May 4, 2022.

1. BiscuitTheCollie

BiscuitTheCollie
    Expand Collapse

When the devs remaster these in upcoming updates... Ideas for the remasters that I'd suggest are...

Maps:

Cliff Remaster
    • A Ferry Port with actual docked ferries
    • A beached (or partially sunken) Cargo ship or Ocean Liner
    • 1 or 2 caves with a crystal cavern
    • Possible campsite area
    • Possible Small town/Abandoned town
    West Coast, USA remaster
    • Expand the map beyond the contruction site blocking off the map
    • Add a street based on Lombard Street
    • Make the beaches a bit larger with Umbrellas, beach mats, palm trees, and a slightly larger pier
    • Add a national park based on Sequoia National Park near the Redwood Forest
    Grid, Small, Pure Remaster
    • Just update the grid texture to the same one used in Gridmap v2
    Cars:

Ibishu 200bx Remaster
    • Greater focus on JDM Tuning modifications
    • Sharpen the roofline to be closer to the S13 Silvia
    • Add a Targa top/T-top body style
    • Add a 2.6L I6 Twin Turbo motor closely resembling the Nissan RB26DETT
    • A more aggressive Turbo Bunny body kit resembling the actual Rocket Bunny kit
    Gavril Barstow Remaster
    • De-Chrome the exterior with options to black them out or paint them
    • Add a mesh grille (Chrome/Black varients)
    • Ford Gran Torino nascar inspired config to replace the "Track" trim
    • Ford Mustang Boss 302 inspired config (and livery) to replace "Kingsnake" or "Lancehead" trims
    • Add Red, Tan, Brown, Blue interior color options
    • A Starsky & Hutch inspired config + livery
    ETK K-Series Remaster
    • Make a Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG Black Series inspired body kit
    • Add a 4.4L V8 (BMW inspired) or 6.0L V12 (Mercedes inspired)
    • Add a Cabriolet body style
    Ibishu Miramar Remaster
    • Tweak the model years from 63-68 to 68-72
    • Add a Coupe bdoy style with a lower roofline
    • A more skyline inspired front fascia
    • Add a 2.0L/2.4L I6 based on the GT-R/2400GT
    • Add Plastic wide arches
    Hirochi SBR4 Remaster
    • Replace the plastic bulging part of the front bumper with a grille
    • Add DRLs to the headlights
    • A more aggressive rear diffuser
    • Larger exhaust tip options
    • Add a 3.0L F6 Turbo motor based on the 911 motor
    • Add a Cabriolet/Targa body style
    Bruckell Moonhawk Remaster
    • Add a more modifiable 225cui I6 motor based on the Chrysler Slant-Six motor to replace the 244cui I6
    • Add a few more V8 options all based on either Chrysler or Chevrolet V8s of the time
    • A Leather roof option inspired by the 70s Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Impala
    • A config inspired by the 1972 Dodge Demon
    Burnside Special Remaster
    • Add a Coupe body style
    • Add a 308cui I6 based on the Hudson Hornet motor
    • Vintage nascar inspired liveries and configs
    Hirochi Sunburst Remaster
    • Add a Hatchback body style
    • Add a fictional 3.0L V6 motor
    • Add a fictional 2.5L I4 Hybrid motor
    • A traditional automatic transmission
    • A rugged trim featuring plastic cladding along the bumpers, fenders, and skirts

If you have things you wish to see in later updates, comment your ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

some of these ideas aren't bad, but some I'm not too sure about.
    -the 200BX would definitely benefit with more aftermarket parts, I personally would like some ridiculous 90s bodykit resembling an S13 VeilSide.
    -I think making the 200BX a fastback with a boot was a deliberate choice to distinguish it from the S13, though I do agree some sort of silvia/levin style notchback body, and a "bricknose" fixed headlight front end would fit well. (for now, the ones in KLJP do the job for me.)
    -not too sure on an RB26, unless they add some big MarkII/Gloria/Debonair style sedan with a straight-6 for it to come from.
    (They did add the 1.3 to the pwigeon, but that's kind of different, a large part of the RB's notoriety is being in the AWD, AWS rocket-ship Homologation special skylines.)
    -to add to the list, I think a full tube chassis version is in order, similar to the D-series prerunner, though it would be best adapted into things like a formula drift car, a time-attack car, and maybe even a period silhouette racer.
    -More trim variations are always welcome, I certainly agree with them.
    -I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with the high end configs, what makes a Boss 302 better than the lancehead or kingsnake? and why can't the TrackSport coexist with a proper race version?
    -wouldn't a Starsky & Hutch livery be better suited to the moonhawk, maybe even replacing the "Detective Special"?
    Adding to this, I think the moonhawk is currently the worst proportioned car in the game, rounding the side profile in a lot more and somehow slimming the bumpers down is a must IMO.
    All good ideas, I'd also suggest a GT3 Racing trim, potentially with a de-restricted hillclimb variant.

This one, I'm lost on. I think you're just desperate for a KPGC10.
    Why should the model years change? the miramar is basically an RT50 corona MkII.
    I do, however, like the idea of an I6, and if you copied the S50 skyline instead, you could lengthen the engine bay to make it fit.
    to add my ideas, I think a coupe utility would be a better addition than a coupe, as there are less other cars that could fill that role.
    unpainted plastic arches would be cool, and some kaido racer or bosozoku parts would be a welcome addition.

this i'm also confused on.
    -the Plastic panel in the front is deliberate, though the higher end models could get a functional grille (like the porsche 991 turbo and up). the radiator inside should also get repositioned, and the front corners of the bumpers should be pulled out a bit to give the side coolers more room.
    -it already has DRLs in the bumper, and you have to remember, the SBR's from 2013; it's canonically almost a decade old at this point.
    -adding to the more aggressive diffuser, it could generally do with more little aftermarket aero bits, and even a full GT3 or GT500 spec racer.

-I feel like the moonhawk is too big for a hot-6 (this is coming from an Aussie), such an engine would be better suited to the barstow, or maybe a new compact car altogether. a few performance parts wouldn't go astray though.
    -with the demon, I think they're already planning on tying in the "redtail" and "battlehawk" trim names. "Battlehawk" could be a good new name for the special, an a facelift variant which is just a tacky appearance package, like a Mustang II king cobra or Volare RoadRunner/Aspen R/T would be hilarious.

-The burnside is right at the start of the big hardtop coupe trend, though such a car would be quite similar to the bluebuck.
    -for alternate engines, the 313 is already an analogue of the oldsmobile rocket V8, another well-acclaimed performance engine, so it would be fine for the stock cars. I'd say instead, a pre-facelifted version should get an older inline-8 engine, and maybe a buick dynaflow-style single speed automatic.
    for bodystyles, a combination car hearse-ambulance would open up a fair bit of versatilty.

the sunburst is already undersized, a 3.0 engine would just be overpowered.
    I do like the idea of a crossover version though.
    in fact, if the devs wanted to continue the SBR's weirdness, it could get a crossover version too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. BiscuitTheCollie

BiscuitTheCollie
    Expand Collapse

My bad, you are correct. I was thinking it was an older Gran Torino

I thought it was based on that model of Skyline. Although, they can add a facelifted Miramar to closer fit the 68-72.

They could move the drls from the bumper to the headlights on Higher end models.

I've seen a mod that does that, it's a good idea.

True :/

4. Alien Boy

Alien Boy
    Expand Collapse

agree, and it needs to be change, maybe needs longer dimensions and better roofline like 2006 civic and 2009 Impreza itself. One more thing, it needs the crossover styled xv trim

5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

it could do with a more fastback rear window, but I think the size of it is deliberate, I wouldn't change that.

6. Alien Boy

Alien Boy
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that's why i said "longer dimensions"

7. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

That reminds me of those weird concept cars by Rinspeed, a SBR4 in the vein of the Rinspeed Bedouin would be awesome.

There exist so many crazy concept cars, I think Beam should have some as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xupaun

Xupaun
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, the Sunburst should lose the I4s and go full flat 4, since Hirochi wouldn't make the SBR's flat 4 out of nowhere. They should be modernized/bored out versions of the "Sunburst's flat 4" with twin turbos instead of the single turbo from its "poor brother". Apart from that, I agree with a Hybrid option, but with the 1.8L engine, instead of a huge 2.5L. A standard automatic makes sense for a pre-facelifted version (maybe being replaced by both the CVT and the DCT on the "current" version).

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice