Released Realistic Headlight Patterns

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Jfef, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Jaco Bezuidenhout

Jaco Bezuidenhout
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded the latest version of Land Rover Defender mod this week and that one also has a decent, better than stock, light pattern. Could be worth analysing. Gonna try the newest version of this one now!

2. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

I'm not against it but I will not be natively supporting this mod in mine. but to OP : feel free to make this compatible with the picnic if you feel like it :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. fabio

fabio
    Expand Collapse

Correct. :) It also has LED low and LED high, so two different configs. :)
    @Bryan139746825 can't wait for Picnic upgrade ;)
    @LucasBE thanks, and nice job on PIcnic :)

-Fabio

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Hello, first of all, I apologize for not updating the mod for like a month now. I have tried implementing them into modded cars such as the ETKS and others. Thing with them is sometimes they are quite hard to work with but with the etks, I kinda got it working. I can make it if you want. I think i should start with something quite simple like the etk S series.

• Like Like x 2
  5. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

I've tried implementing this mod into other mods like maxy's crown vic but the headlights would no longer load after editing the JBeam :(

6. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Yesterday I finished the etkss beams, used the vivace beams for them. What I have found out is that a lot of mods are hard to work with, I tried it on some mods not from beamng.com such as the gallardo, rs7, db11 and others but it was a massive pain to work with. So not all of them will work flawlessly.
    anyways, if you have the etks mod, here is the "trial" mod. It just changed the beams to the old vivace beams.

• Like Like x 1
  7. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

you should probably consider renaming the file considering that its just a "trial" mod lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

oh wait, i just realized i uploaded the wrong file lol, heres the correct one. my bad

Attached Files:

9. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

So quick random update. I just realized there are cornering lights in a different mod. Its the KJLP modpack. It has facelift cars which include the sunburst. Ill ask them if I can use the lua.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

I've seen the cornering lights work in a demo video, but I don't know how to use it in beam lol

11. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

I updated the post and there is cornering lights for the etk k series and etk800. Soon I want to make it so that turn signals would trigger them too. Progress within the next 2 weeks will be slow though as I will have exams but Ill still work on other cars :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. DamienDutch

DamienDutch
    Expand Collapse

I love this mod, theres 2 things i dont fully like, both about the cornering lights
    In real life ive expienced that theyre all a smooth fade in and out.
    It is realistic however that they use the foglights.
    But then again foglights tend to shine a bit higher (and thats my second point), altough brightness seems ok.
    This is on the ETK800 (seen in my pfp lol) for the rest i love this mod and makes the lights not feel like oil lamps!
    love the mod! :D

(yet to test the "etk C" wich i assume you mean the ETK k.)

13. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the ETK K filename is etkc but ingame its ETK K and I dont know which is correct so my bad on that. For the fade in/out ill try mess around with that soon. Also I can up the foglamp beams a little, shouldnt be that hard. Thanks for the input :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. DamienDutch

DamienDutch
    Expand Collapse

Actualy tried the etk c/k and i love the lighting pattern on it, good job!
    And i must say, this mod is fucking great makes the lights so muhc fucking better!!

15. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Thank you :) Ill try experiment with lua and add this feature to the bastion and other new ish cars in about 2 weeks from now as I am having exams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DamienDutch

DamienDutch
    Expand Collapse

Ah yes thatd be nice, hope the exams went well :D

17. fabio

fabio
    Expand Collapse

Good luck. :D

-Fabio

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

I have few questions.

Shouldn't 800 series have cornering lights placed in headlight assembly? There is unused place for some kind of light that is pointing outwards. Fog lamps in 800 series are placed rather too deep in bumpers to work as intended in my opinion.
    screenshot_2022-05-11_23-36-34.png

Light texture don't illuminate when cornering light is on.
    screenshot_2022-05-11_23-34-12.png

"Reconstruction" how it suppose to look like.
    screenshot_2022-05-11_23-34-27.png

Also cornering light should have some delay before they turn off just like IRL (not to mention that usually these lights fade away rather than instantly turn of, but this is just how lights in BeamNG works).

Finally, both 800 and K series have tilted headlights patterns. In 800 they are tilted on the left side and are a little bit offset and in K series they are tilted, not that much as in 800, on the right.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jfef

Jfef
    Expand Collapse

Yes, for the headlight beams being a bit tilted I realized it and for the etk 800 I just realized. Also for the ETK K i am aware of that and ill fix it later and also make it for the bastion. This version is kinda a tester. I initally intended to make the main lowbeams swivel left and right with the steering so ill have to figure that out. Anyways, thank you for giving feedback :) ill fix them with the new update :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice