Solved Real-time map editor changes

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by xnx1985, Jul 2, 2021.

1. xnx1985

xnx1985
    Expand Collapse

Hey :)
    in the previous version when I edit an object in Blender and save it, the object instantly updated in the game and i could fine-tune my changes. now I need to reload the level every time I change something in the objects. same thing with the textures I edit them in photoshop and save and they don't update. I only see the changes that I made after reloading the map\level

is there a way to force reloading objects or textures in the map editor?
    for example, it's really hard to fine-tune the metallic and roughfness in the sign.
    for now, I save temporary texture file until I find the sweet spot (if you choose a different texture name it is loading instantly) and then save it as the final texture file map.
    upload_2021-7-2_11-47-24.png

One more thing - where can I find information for export textures compression for every texture type
    of the PBR?
    Thank you :)
    upload_2021-7-2_11-53-1.png

2. PiwPawMeowMeow ❤

PiwPawMeowMeow ❤
    Expand Collapse

The same problem with transferring a model from blender.
    waiting for fixes from the development team

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. xnx1985

xnx1985
    Expand Collapse

I found the solution :)
    when you import objects and textures into beam.ng, it creates in the level folder (0.23\levels\*levelname*\art...etc) the object file and the textures,
    if you change the mesh or edit textures there the change happened instantly.
    upload_2021-7-13_8-23-57.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice