1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

randomized frame drop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pistachikat, May 17, 2022.

1. pistachikat

pistachikat
    Expand Collapse

specs: razer blade 15 (late 2020)
    • Intel Core i7-10750H
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (Laptop)
    • 15.6”, Full HD (1920 x 1080), 144 Hz, IPS
    • 1000GB SSD
    • 2x 16GB DDR4, 2933 MHz
    while playing this game I've been noticing that the game is getting some frame drops that usually lasts a few seconds, at first, I thought it was my display and graphics settings, so I set them all to medium. that didn't work, as the problem persists. I do have a lot of mods in this, but I had recently did a sweep on them to clear up space, I had also thought that it might be an overheating issue, but I've been using a cooling pad so that wouldn't be it either. does anyone else have any knowledge on this problem?

2. jackmo2207

jackmo2207
    Expand Collapse

I've been having a problem like this. After a few minutes of playing, the framerate randomly gets cut in half for 1-2 seconds, and then it goes back up to normal. It's really annoying

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. pistachikat

pistachikat
    Expand Collapse

idk why it's happening, I ended up deleting some broken/large mods and it extended the time between the frame drops. hopefully someone knows what's going on.

4. jackmo2207

jackmo2207
    Expand Collapse

Happens with GTA too, so I assumed it was my potato laptop. But since someone with a much more powerful laptop is having the same problem, it's probably the game's fault

5. mtb2003

mtb2003
    Expand Collapse

Overheating issue? I recently had frame drops as well, tried updating everything, testing every game I had, nothing helped. But then I opened my laptop, and found so much dust inside, cleaned it out, and now all the games work nicely. Just a tip. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I really miss the good old days where the specs are rarely overrated, like 90's cars which you can drive spiritually with less overheating problem, unlike current EV where a lot of them are massively overrated(max instantaneous power output several times above actual rated, max continuous power). Laptops in early years did a good job in terms of balancing, power supply and heat dissipation was just enough for prolonged gaming. Nowadays, however, there's a disturbing trend to use a too powerful CPU/GPU to make the spec look better while using underpowered power supply or heat sink(characterized by its "max turbo boost" clock frequency way higher than "rated" clock frequency)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice