Rainy weather and progressive water buildup?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Glorious_duck, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Glorious_duck

Glorious_duck
    Expand Collapse

While scouring the old devblogs, I found something that caught my eye. There was a post explaining how you could have things become progressively more wet if you change the material texture or something.
    There were pictures too, and it looked amazing. Is this feature still planned? Is it scrapped?
    DOES ANYONE KNOW?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It was more like a test, showing how modifying a few values in the materials can give it a 'wet' look.

3. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

judging from the pics its just higher specular values... or am i missing something?
    a slider for evironment wetness like the t.o.d or the fog ones in the environment menu would be something.
    with rain and splash particles it could be a step towards something like dynamic/adjustable weather.
    sry...just dreamin.

4. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

can you guys make a dev map with a rain variant?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glorious_duck

Glorious_duck
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible there might be a "Rain" slider under the Environment tab in the future, where sliding it adds more of the 'wet' effect, and adds more clouds and like visual rain?

We've got already the overcast sky and visual rain effects from modded maps, like the ECA rain map, or Utah rain, there just needs to be a 'wetness' slider or something.
    Hmmmmmmmmm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice