Race transmission whine loudness should be adjustable in my opinion

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by facepuncher735, Dec 18, 2020.

1. facepuncher735

facepuncher735
    Expand Collapse

Im kinda dissapointed that the transmission whine noise got so quiet. I understand that it could get annoying but i feel like there are enough people that enjoyed it like i did. Thats why i would suggest to add a loudness slider in the tuning menu or something. Then the people who enjoyed it can keep on enjoying it and if it ever gets too loud you could just quiet it down. It would also make for intersting builds like for example a full on race car could have a super lound trans, but a more street focused car could be more quiet, or not have any at all, but still have the 6-speed race transmission.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. UkDrifter (UK)

UkDrifter (UK)
    Expand Collapse

I really like this idea and as we know having a volume slider is possibly from the Turbo Everything mod so we know it’s possible but no idea where to start that im afraid.
    I will take a look at the files when on my PC and see what I cant find ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. facepuncher735

facepuncher735
    Expand Collapse

sounds exciting! :D

4. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I love the sound of straight cut gears. Make any car sound like a race car. Also I feel a good addition to some cars would be sound deadening sliders, more deadening is more weight, less is less weight but more noise. Would be a cool addition for the wendover, and any car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. facepuncher735

facepuncher735
    Expand Collapse

couldnt agree more, straight cut gears just give me joy, also that sound deadening idea sounds cool! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SuchSneak

SuchSneak
    Expand Collapse

I've been asking for specific volume sliders for this reason. Assetto Corsa is amazing since you can adjust each area to your liking. Tire skids, engine round, exhaust, turbo, transmission, wind, environment, ect. I personally find beamng engine sound too over powering drowning out all the wonderful other details of the experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

You can do this already - look for the relevent transmission jbeam for the vehicle, and find this: "gearWhineCoefsInput" and "gearWhineCoefsOutput"

so for example:
    rev neu 1 2 3 4 5 6
    "gearWhineCoefsInput": [0.80, 0.00, 0.65, 0.60, 0.50, 0.45, 0.40, 0.35],
    "gearWhineCoefsOutput": [0.00, 0.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00],
    "gearWhineInputEvent": "event:>Vehicle>Transmission>straight_01>twine_in_race",
    "gearWhineOutputEvent": "event:>Vehicle>Transmission>straight_01>twine_out_race",
    --- Post updated ---
    Same for turbos, look in the engine jbeam for :

"bovSoundPressureCoef":
    "bovSoundVolumeCoef":
    "hissVolumePerPSI"::
    "whineVolumePer10kRPM":
    "whinePitchPer10kRPM":

8. facepuncher735

facepuncher735
    Expand Collapse

Ok cool, thanks! Does this apply for each car individually, or is it for all cars? Because i would like to be able to adjust it from car to car.

9. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

It's per car. There is one transmission jbeam for the car type and within that there are multiple settings within, for the various models.The transmission files are either transmission.jbeam or transaxle.jbeam.

10. facepuncher735

facepuncher735
    Expand Collapse

Alright thanks for the help! Great to know. :D

11. Net Neutrality

Net Neutrality
    Expand Collapse

I'd love the ability to also add a whine to any gear at any time, would bring the Allison transmissions to life in the FS-65 mod.

12. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

I think you can - just add more values. The 1st value is reverse, 2nd is neutral, and the rest are for the rest of the gears"

"gearWhineCoefsInput": [0.80, 0.00, 0.65, 0.60, 0.50, 0.45, 0.40, 0.35],
    "gearWhineCoefsOutput": [0.00, 0.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00],

13. Net Neutrality

Net Neutrality
    Expand Collapse

I've tried that and as far as I'm aware whining sounds only work on sequential transmissions, regardless of whine settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NickHeemiith

NickHeemiith
    Expand Collapse

im working on a mod currently where ive made the turbo sounds and things like that more present. The Bov actually sounds like a bov, you can actually hear the turbo spinning, its pretty dope. Hopefully they approve it soon. As for transmission noises... never messed with them

15. UkDrifter (UK)

UkDrifter (UK)
    Expand Collapse

Oh man I cannot wait for that!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. NickHeemiith

NickHeemiith
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully I’ll have something ready in the next few days. It’s been submitted, just waiting now.

17. facepuncher735

facepuncher735
    Expand Collapse

i have tried and it works for all race transmisions or what you need to look for in the files are the numbers for the straight cut gears, also i recommend that if you do this, to only change the numbers that are not 0.00 and change them to something like 200.00 or else you wont really here it. oh and also i only tried by increasing the output coefs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice