Quickrace ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BowlerHatJack, Apr 23, 2017.

1. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

With the quickrace getting local leaderboards and getting a few bugs squashed(great job devs), led to me finally being able to fully try some quickraces. After some testing i came up with a few suggestions for the gamemode:

Replay Ghosts/racing lines.
    1. The traditional ghost car of your personal best. The idea is you would only race against the personal best of the same car. Now I'm not sure if even an ghost car is possible(an ghost car is basically an replay, but without collision or sound and it doesn't create decals.).
    2. The other idea is not an traditional racing line for every track. I'm talking more of an racing line that shows what line you took in your personal best. This ,for example exists in time trial mode in F12016.

Remove unnessesary times.
    If i use the default barstow config and get an lap time of 1.52 on an quickrace, and then afterwards retry the same race with the same config and get an 1.48, the previous time is still shown. This only clogs up the leaderboards for me as there are already hundreds of configs that can get their own time there, why then would there be a need for showing duplicate times? You could instead have an separate config time history somewhere so that you can compare how you drive now to how you drove some time ago to see how you've improved.

Might add something else if I can come up with something.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice