1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Questions about/Problems with Ai

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Random Wrecker, Apr 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Random Wrecker

Random Wrecker
    Expand Collapse

Question 1:
    Does the Ai hate or like dirt with 0.9 C/O Drivability?

Problem 1:
    The Ai sometimes has bad driving paths, which forced it to drive an unnecesary cure and slow down because of this.
    20200414220304_1.jpg

Problem 2:
    The Ai some
    times gets send in one direction by the waypoints and is forced to turn around nearly immediatley after because it has to get to a waypoint in the other direction. In extreme cases this even turns into a loop and the Ai basically gets stuck and blocks everything.

Problem 3:
    The Ai doesn't give a frick about taking corners to tightly and crashes into the inner side of the corner (even in Traffic mode and with 0.3 risk).
    20200414221326_1.jpg

Problem 4:
    In span mode the Ai is supposed to drive around the map, but often times ends up just driving in cricles.
    --- Post updated ---
    Problem 5:
    After you disable the Ai (not stop it) you sometimes don't get the conrols back but the Ai just drives straight with the speed it was driving when you disabled it.

#1 Random Wrecker, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. Random Wrecker

Random Wrecker
    Expand Collapse

Problem 6:
    There's no option to turn vehicle awareness of for other mode except traffic mode. You should also be able to set which vehicles the Ai should be aware against (doesn't crash into them). Because when you do a police chase the police vehicles should not crash into each other but only into the vehicle they are chasing.

Question 2:

I'm not sure if the In Lane mode really works, because I can't see any indicators for lanes for the Ai.

3. Random Wrecker

Random Wrecker
    Expand Collapse

Update:
    I answered Question 1 myself. With a C/O Drivability it drives Rockkrawling sections, but with a C/O Drivability of 0.9 it hates even dirt.

4. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Those are just problems with the map rather than the AI itself

• Like Like x 1
  5. Random Wrecker

Random Wrecker
    Expand Collapse

1: I do not see where Problem 2 has anything to do with the map. I would suggest to generate a path the ai is going to drive before it strats to drive and have a policy that prevents the Ai to have to turn around on that route.

2: I also think it's the same thing regarding Problem 3. The Ai is clearly driving of the marked road and you can't even force the Ai to do a wider turn, because the risk is already set to 0,3.

3: Regarding Problem 4 I think it's just a limitation of the span mode. I would suggest an approach like in 1.

6. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to agree with Sithhy on this one.
    The ai doesn't exactly plans its own path. It just follows the paths set by the creator of said map.
    2.Can't answer that me so dumb
    3.The paths in JRI could be set up a bit weirdly and the AI will just follow the paths. It can't technically see the roads that we see or any obstacles that aren't vehicles.
    --- Post updated ---
    now i could be wrong so don't take my word for it

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Paths in JRI are old and not up to date to reflect the latest AI changes. That will probably be fixed when the level gets the planned work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Random Wrecker

Random Wrecker
    Expand Collapse

Which problems would that fix?

9. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

Problem 2 and 3 i presume(yikes you really like your in depth explanations do you?)

10. carnox7

carnox7
    Expand Collapse

Can you find these problems on say, another map like ECUSA, or a mod map like Los Injuros?
    Because if you can't, that's just a problem with JRI and not the other maps. WCUSA has bad AI routes that are constantly going in the wrong direction. That's not a problem with the AI, that's a problem with how the map is made

11. Random Wrecker

Random Wrecker
    Expand Collapse

I guess this is for 1:
    As i have seen it, the Ai drives to waypoints. But it decides itself to which waypoint it wants to drive (I might be wrong.). So you could technically generate a path based on the waypoints before the Ai starts to drive. And I've seen this problem on multiple maps (But I'm don't know what maps have gotten the fixes, so it could be that I was extremly unlucky.).

I can't see any indications why the Ai would drive off the streets even with Ai paths for an old Ai system. There has to be at least some compatibility, or the Ai would not work. When I look at the debug map and route it clearly drives way of the path.
    To be fair I was wrong. It was not a curve the Ai was driving down from the street above the street on which it crashes. I can't figure out why this happens.

I guess this is wrong for Problem 4. I think it's the fact that the Ai technically is blind like @kwai38 said:

12. Random Wrecker

Random Wrecker
    Expand Collapse

13. Random Wrecker

Random Wrecker
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice