1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Question about limited slip diffs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ast5515, May 11, 2016.

1. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

I don't know much about limited slip diffs, but I noticed that they never really lock up in BeamNG. At least the stock ones don't. I have a video example. It's a stock config. Open transfer case, limited slip rear diff. It doesn't matter how much power I'm sending through, the rear right wheel doesn't spin. Isn't the point of a limited slip diff to make that wheel spin if I apply more than a certain amount of power?
    BTW All limited slip diffs that are not mods act the same way.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

real limited slip diffs rarely lock up fully, though here you are clutch popping it, something even an LSD isnt meant to cope with, in normal use I cant duplicate the above.

3. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

i can jump in here. clutch style or plate style LSDs work better to keep power to both wheels better than the kind i have, the helical LSD. clutch style diffs wear out and need to be rebuilt, but they work in low grip situations like snow. a helical LSD works best when there is at least some grip to be had. its pointless going into depth as so many great write ups exist with animated diagrams that are worth 10,000 words.

4. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

I'm clutch popping it because I don't have a clutch pedal and the game isn't slipping the clutch unless you put it into arcade mode. My bigger issue is that you can't really keep a drift for a long time in LSD cars. You always have to put the welded diff in, which some cars don't have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice