1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Question about Engine/Exhaust Sound config

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by FFIVGUY, Nov 27, 2019.

1. FFIVGUY

FFIVGUY
    Expand Collapse

What is the purpose of "maxLoadMix": and "minLoadMix":and "fundamentalFrequencyCylinderCount"?

2. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

The names of the parameters quite speak for themselves :
    maxLoadMix = when engine has to work the hardest
    minLoadMix = when engine is coasting ( just rolling on the gear without adding throttle
    fundamentalFrequencyCylinderCount is a bit more tricky to explain.
    This parameter naming could go two ways :
    1) fundamental could mean ground tone so that would mean the frequency of the fundamentals
    or
    2) it could mean 'fundamental frequency' of the number of cylinders
    Either way, the results are very noticeable and I loveto play with them, even if it's just to get away
    from constantly hearing the same sound, but it's more, you can really hit good results with tweaking
    them. To hear good differences in the sound parameters it's best to change them drastically first so
    the difference becomes noticeable and then fine-tune later. Just my opinion of course :)

3. FFIVGUY

FFIVGUY
    Expand Collapse

What does the Mix term mean?

4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Anyone may correct me if I'm wrong but if you have some sort of sound source, like for example
    an engine sound, and you can add various factors of volume to that one sound, then you can say
    you are mixing the sound volumes of that sound. An other example would be an equalizer where
    you kinda mix the volumes of the frequencies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice