"Prop" vehicles?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by NeoSlx, Jun 15, 2020.

1. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

Let me explain, I like the idea of making your own scenes, but obviously system limitations make scenes sometimes unable to be made due to lack of GPU strength or whatever. I'd like to see vehicles that aren't anything but looks, as a prop for the background of a scene or just something to fill in those empty parking spaces in many maps. I think it'd be great because then your GPU would be fine as it wouldn't need to account for the damage for all the other vehicles you're just using to create a scene. I don't know how to make this myself so I just wanted to put the idea out there

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MrJavelin

MrJavelin
    Expand Collapse

I remember thinking about this the other day. I second this notion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

I think this is absolutely doable and would be great for those who don't have monster computers but still want to make large scenes.

They could make it so that the interior is taken out and the windows are blacked out.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

This could be cool too add parked cars in driveways, city parkings, et caetera.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Inline6lover26

Inline6lover26
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a good idea. My GPU always suffers when i spawn more than 4 cars at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Derp_de_Herp

Derp_de_Herp
    Expand Collapse

I find that turning off physics just to capture scenes is really helpful, and lets you spawn waaaaay more cars than you normally could. Here's an example of a screenshot (60's sunrise street parking scene) I made with this technique:
    60s.png

• Like Like x 7
  7. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

That's pretty neat, however for making movies within BeamNG you would usually have physics turned on just for those police chases, traffic destruction, so that's why prop cars would be good, so that it wouldn't influence your performance while still having the fun with physics.

8. Derp_de_Herp

Derp_de_Herp
    Expand Collapse

I think you could crash the cars first to get the deformities down one car at a time (and saving them that way if need be) and then later on just disable physics so you have a bunch of wrecked cars that noclip each other

9. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it would be nice to be able to set the level of physics for each vehicle :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

What I mean by that, is actual recorded scenes for a movie, not just photos. A scene with a police chase as in, a police chase that is going on, with traffic getting in the way that would crash into police cars, stuff like that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

there are dummy cars by @HighDef which are cars without engines and drivetrain parts to increase performance
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/dummy-cars.3556/

• Like Like x 2
  12. appesh1

appesh1
    Expand Collapse

Well, you *can* open the .dae file in blender, group all of the parts together, add a colmesh (if you want other cars to be able to crash into it) and then import it as an object in wold editor.

13. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

Not exactly the same though. A prop car would look exactly like its counterpart, just without the physics.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Szymon2007

Szymon2007
    Expand Collapse

you do know tha you can put n the missing parts, leave the drivetrain empty and have a perfectly identical car
    or even quicker, just pull the engine out of a normal car

15. Ford GT81

Ford GT81
    Expand Collapse

I feel like having prop cars is a good idea.. But what about Prop trailers?

16. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

It'd include those too. Just make everything able to be a prop, or like NOCARGO said, an option to adjust the physics for anything, whether none at all or full, I like that idea better

17. Mjamfan22

Mjamfan22
    Expand Collapse

I made something like this for our monster truck community, they have a very simple jbeam and are crushable. can have over 50 spawned at one time and no lag. Im in the process of making some that have no jbeam and arent crushable.

https://www.beam-monsters.com/files/file/10-fps-crush-pack/

18. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

That's cool and all but as I mentioned before, the props should look exactly like their counterparts. The only difference would be with the physics. Or, lack thereof. With wheels, colors, and reflections (optional). I think NOCARGO's idea is better, as it allows for these props and doesn't make it have to be their own separate thing in game as you would still might like to make customized vehicles in the background.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. appesh1

appesh1
    Expand Collapse

Well, you *can* open the .dae file in blender, group all of the parts together, add a colmesh (if you want other cars to be able to crash into it) and then import it as an object in wold editor.

20. NeoSlx

NeoSlx
    Expand Collapse

It's less intuitive, though. You might call me lazy but most people who like to make movies in this game or just play with scenes want to just be able to change up the scenes every once in a while without having to move things around in world editor

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice