WIP Beta released Projekt Drive

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by KennyWah, Nov 22, 2022.

1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

upload_2023-3-31_19-40-10.png

Read Mod Details Below

If Downloading an Older Unsupported version You'll Need - RK Customizable Engines

~ Updated RK Engines has broken some of my content, please allow me time to work on the next update and fix this ~ For a quick fix read this

Mod Summary
    An update with a focus on physics and refinement.

My mod includes numerous configs which contain
    - Engines with much deeper customization and polish
    - Extremely in-depth suspension and improved steering racks
    - Other Visual or Miscellaneous Overhauls - Such as extra bumpstops, gauges or interior and skin mods

Download My Mod

Support Me - Donate

Current Content [updated for V0.901]

Overhauls For:

I-Series

Partial Overhauls For:

90's Pessima
    200BX

Planned Content [updated for V0.901]

Priority Legend
    * = Secondary ** = Tertiary

Overhauls For:

Legran ~ Needs: - Engines - *Gauges
    Sunburst ~ Needs: - An Engine - *Interior Overhaul - **Handmade Engine & Exhaust Modeling [Flat4] ?
    80's Pessima ~ Needs: - Engines - *Gauges

Bluebuck ~ Needs: - Engines - **Gauges?
    Moonhawk ~ Needs: - Engines - **Gauges?
    Barstow ~ Needs: - Engines - *Gauges?
    D-Series Platform

Covet ~ Needs: - Suspension Overhaul - Engines - *Engine Modelling
    Bolide ~ Needs: - Config Overhaul - Engines? - *Gauges

*800/K Series on hold due to massive BeamNG update leaks

Unfinished Extras:

I-Series ~ Needs: - **V8/V12 Engines - **Alternative Factory Gauge Cluster
    200BX ~ Needs: - **Gauges
    90's Pessima ~ Needs: - **Gauges

Credits

KennyWah - I created/modified all content within the mod

BeamNG Dev Team - For Vanilla Content
    Automation - For Some Sound Sources
    AX53 - Helping To Teach Me More Sound Engineering Skills
    Dummiesman - Providing A Quick Value Sequencer [Lua]
    Instant Winrar - For being present during the origins of the initial mod, despite doing almost nothing.
    R4NKING - For Motivation and Support.

clayton8or - Playtesting, Inspiration and Motivation.
    Timothy22B - Playtesting, Inspiration and Motivation. [No forum account, bought on steam]
    Marcus241199 [MegaGameGuy100] - Playtesting and Motivation.
    "Totodileracer" - Playtesting

-Extra Information-

This mod was created with the sole intention of trying to deep dive into the cars and putting some lively tunings of them up for other people to enjoy.

I have gone out of my way to get the most out of cars on Sports Compound, so much so I've created my own adjustable progressive spring system along with powerful tunable dampers and plan to continue by making bumpstops and going to slicks to see what can be accomplished there.

All of this is combined with many setups using RK Engines to try and create realistic and inspired engines to pair with the cars for more convincing setups that rival what Vanilla BeamNG can offer.

All of this began after many years of tweaking cars in BeamNG then I suddenly decided to properly learn dampers and test what I can do with them by incorporating them into my builds and using better judgement with my alignments instead of making over-responsive twitchy cars like I did before and was never satisfied with when others simply couldn't drive them, experienced or otherwise. Take this a step further as I've really learned a better concept of suspension as a system.

-

To anyone who wants to know why the I-Series is such a damn hard platform to get right, I encourage you to - Read This

#1 KennyWah, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 13
  2. fioen

fioen
    Expand Collapse

they all handle so well! personal fav is the vtec engine swapped pessima. good job!

• Like Like x 1
  3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Gosh I know right, it's one of my favs too. I finally have FWD setups that make me drive FWD and I didn't previously even like FWD.

In case anyone is interested, I have taken an in-depth look into the I-Series Here

Believe it or not.. I was working on the Inline 5 Legran Wagon when my friend sent me this image of a Covet on slicks he tuned and I had a eureka moment. Trying to push my setup with limited suspension as far as possible which resulted in an amazing Legran Wagon.

The "Alt" version of my 80's Vtec Pessima is the before and the other one is the after of applying what I learned there in concept to that car as well.. which has shaped how I try to tune my AWD and FWD setups.

This revaluation changed everything, all it took was a simple picture and it put everything I had on it's head and I found myself lost in FWD and AWD tuning.

I completely shocked my other friends (and frankly myself) with how the results turned out since then.

And to think this all started as a joke when I felt my configs were getting kind of better, I'd made some okeh stuff then it just exploded after that and it went from something ironic to at least try to post better configs then other have in the past.. to actually making some based concepts.

Now this is what a "Street Racing" variant of a car should feel like... BeamNG.

#3 KennyWah, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  4. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Still waiting on Version 0.71 to be approved on the repository.

In the meantime I am working on another idea. Don't know if it'll go anywhere, it might not really work the way I'd like it to.

#4 KennyWah, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

Can you do wacky one maybe ? Like a drifting bus , truck or pigeon ?

6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I could try but I'm not sure I'll really get something like that to a point where I'm happy with it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Other then that I do have a wacky concept I have made, I'm just taking a brief break for a bit as I try to come up with new ideas.

7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Still waiting on approval for V0.71
    --- Post updated ---

Sunburst Turbo Charged - 276HP RWD

Work-In-Progress

Legran I5 FWD Wagon Plus - FWD 232hp
    -

Legran I5 RWD Wagon Custom - RWD 272Hp

Added the following configurations

Gave up on V0.71 because I know of an error.

Am now waiting on "V0.72.3" to be approved with the above configs also included.
    Including the WIP Sunburst RWD

#7 KennyWah, Nov 29, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  8. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Left: 198Hp AWD Sport
    Right: 214Hp AWD Euro Sport

The Euro Sport also includes a work in progress "Aftermarket" suspension as I've tried to build adjustments and improvements into the sport suspension.

--- Post updated ---
    This is attempt #2 to create better adjustable suspension for softer setups with a different approach then last time, I'm much more happy with this result then the previous one.

#8 KennyWah, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  9. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

214Hp - AWD I-Series

145Hp - FWD 90's Pessima

190Hp Vtec-Light 80's Pessima

110Hp - FWD Covet

All of these setups are using WIP adjustable/aftermarket sport suspension which provides a softer ride and a smoother driving experience with a little less power. All while having much more fine-tuned setups then generic sport suspension can offer. Results create a nice middle ground for a car even compliant enough to drive at East Coast while feeling like a nice tune which intends to deliver enhanced performance.

#9 KennyWah, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I've personally started modding in a customizable Sport Suspension.

People will tell me it's hacky or could be better. I'm still working on it, it'll be a bit weird for a while so bare with me if it's jank to actually use.

But the results I am getting using it for setups is a vast improvement over standard sport suspension.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Inline 3 Turbo Covet (145Hp)
    Custom Aftermarket Suspension (My modded suspension)

There is also a Inline 4 (161Hp) version.
    --- Post updated ---

Redacting the old 2.0L Custom on racing suspension
    Replacing with V6 (180Hp) on Custom-Tuned Aftermarket Suspension
    --- Post updated ---

^ Redacting the old "Vtec" Covet on racing suspension ^

Replacing with I3Turbo (145Hp) on Aftermarket Suspension

and I4 Custom (160Hp) on Aftermarket Suspension

There will also be a setup that makes 110Hp as well but it's not quite finalized.

#11 KennyWah, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  12. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I made custom steering on the 200BX that feels like normal steering but you can change the degrees of rotation on the steering wheel between 540-1080.

As well as the max angle at the wheels between 25-47 degrees (vanilla "drift" gets 51) so you can use normal steering and bring the lock up to where you want it.

Planing to do this for the 80's Pessima, Legran and I-Series as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Renaming this project to "Projekt Drive"
    -----------------------------------------------------------

As the focus is shifting to more then just configs. But mostly configs with custom adjustable suspension made by me with the intent of making some of the most inspiring setups in BeamNG.

Setups that will test your ability between the car and road. Setups that are fun. Setups that are much faster then their vanilla counter-parts.

Best part is the parts are included and tunable so anyone will be able to take the parts and make their own configs with it too.

Many cars will get
    Aftermarket Suspension
    Adjustable Steering

Possibly even multiple varieties of such. I may or may not attempt to make pro suspension kits for making better drift cars.

All of this is intended to bring more fun to vanilla content in BeamNG.

This rename will carry over to the repo mod page on the next update which will likely be called 0.85 or something similar. I have a lot of work to get done before that happens.

--- Post updated ---
    I love how what started out as an ironic idea to be funny and make a config mod, with the twist that configs are actually "good" turned into a massive undertaking to offer something so different from what you get with default suspension and configs that it's created a more unique mod as a result.

One that isn't ironic in nature.

#12 KennyWah, Dec 10, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  13. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Updated both variants of the Inline 5 wagon (FWD) to use Aftermarket Suspension instead of Racing Suspension. Much smoother overall ride and feel, really glides over the road while still maintaining performance.

What I've been working on

Currently the most up-to-date version of "Professional-Grade Suspension" is only on the 80's Pessima

It is planned to also come to the following vehicles :
    200BX
    I-Series
    90's Pessima
    Legran (IRS only)
    Covet (possibly, limited testing and might require more work)
    Sunburst

The "Aftermarket Suspension" is available on the following vehicles :
    200BX
    I-Series
    80's Pessima
    90's Pessima
    Legran (unfinished - IRS untested)
    Covet (MR untested/unfinished)
    Miramar (unfinished/limited testing, may be scrapped)
    Bolide (unfinished/limited testing, may be scrapped)

Custom Steering appears on the following Vehicles
    This steering has adjustable steering angle and steering wheel lock
    At it's max setting it does add extra angle in the steering rack, 0% is default and below that is progressively useless, lol.
    80's Pessima
    I-Series
    200BX
    Needs to be developed for the Legran

The following examples are not finalized.

You can change out the bumpstops, I plan to go much further with this.

"Professional-Grade Suspension"

And here is the simplified "Aftermarket Suspension" which uses sport bumpstops and is fairly user-friendly, often yielding amazing results with minimal effort.

#13 KennyWah, Dec 11, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

nice sus mod

15. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Bruh, if you ain't got no Aqua Joe®, I dun wanna see you around these parts.

• Like Like x 2
  16. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

After three nights of troubleshooting I finally fixed an oscillation bug with my suspension. No logical values would remove said oscillation but I found out my shocks had a latent value being applied to them where it wasn't supposed to be.

This mod can finally move forward for real with the "Pro-Grade Suspension" and it will actually come to the end user at some point. Gosh I am so happy to say those words.
    --- Post updated ---
    -

-
    My most up-to-date Pro-Grade suspension has been setup for the
    Sunburst
    80's Pessima
    90's Pessima
    I-Series

Needs to be implemented to the
    200BX
    D-Series/H-Series/Roamer (To be attempted)
    Covet (Might need extra work)

I may be able to release something in the near future.

#16 KennyWah, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. BlueLife

BlueLife
    Expand Collapse

this mod's pretty nice. i've never tried it.

18. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Fixed a bunch more bugs and corrected bad math.

Am switching many configs over to new suspension, deleting mediocore setups and replacing them with better ones, ect.

The staples are coming back in full swing,
    80's Vtec Pessima (The alt version is being replaced with the new version, keeping the old race suspension version untouched just because it's special)
    Inline 5/Plus Legran Wagon - Fully updated with new Aftermarket Suspension

200BX
    Scrapping old config

New 200BX LS Sport (163Hp) and Turbo (256Hp) Both with Pro-Grade Suspension + Adjustable Steering

I-Series
    All RWD Configs have gotten updated with Pro-Grade Suspension + Adjustable Steering configs resulting in a far more drivable set of cars.. each one I redid the suspension by hand so they all feel slightly different from one another.

80's Pessima
    AWD Sport - Pro-Grade Suspension
    RWD/RWD Turbo - Pro-Grade Suspension + Adjustable Steering

Sunburst
    FWD (160hp) with Pro-Grade Suspension

• Like Like x 1
  19. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to add that I am not neglecting muscle cars and they will be worked on at a later time as part of an update in the future but are not planned in the scope of the current update content for this mod.

I'll get there and we will see modded suspension and configs for the following cars
    Bluebuck
    Barstow
    Moonhawk
    Bastion

The D-Series Platform Common suspension will also get it either this update or the next.

The Burnside (wow that's a lot of Bs) is skipped because I LeafSpring related suspension is currently on the backburner as the last suspension setups I will do, stuff like a Miramar.

Covet Pro-Grade suspension is on hold for now, but I do plan to do it and there are plans to bring an MR Covet config that is decently drivable in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  20. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Finished making Pro-Grade suspension for the D-Series/Ect Platforms
    H-Series
    Roamer
    D-Series

I will need to go back in later and check about adding some visual slots for my suspension to allow the user to choose which visual assembly is used as the mesh for the struts/coilovers ect on any particular suspension. But for now I'm happy and my next goal is to finish the LeGran suspension. Minor visual polish can happen later.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice