1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Problems with World Editor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PatrickH, Dec 22, 2017.

1. PatrickH

PatrickH
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to Spawn objects in World Editor but can't find out how. I want to spawn barriers and stuff without having to individually move each one with the node grabber. I've been looking online for information and cannot find anything regarding objects. Can someone recommend something please?

2. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

This should probably go into the Questions and Support sub-forum.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If you want to spawn physical objects (vehicles/props), you need to do that from the vehicle selector.
    Then pause physics ( J ) and move them around with the world editor.

4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

First spawn one of each type of what you need (your vehicle, 1 of a barrier of one type, 1 of a barrier of the next type, maybe a piano or whatever else you need - your choice). Pause physics with J now once you have 1 of each type.
    From windowed (not fullscreen) mode, press F11, when the editor loads in, press F1 to make sure you're in Object mode.
    Make sure you're in free-camera mode by hitting SHIFT+C and you can move it with W A S D keys.
    Press 2 once you're in object mode to be able to be in the MOVE mode. 3 is rotate mode for when you need it.
    Click on the little orange icon (sometimes in the center, sometimes on a corner or right above the object) of the orange, triangle BeamNG icon and some R G B arrows should come up.
    You can click these arrows to move things around in mode (2) and in mode (3) you can grab the axis to rotate.
    Each color corresponds to a different AXIS, so if you mess up and move it the wrong way hit CTRL+Z to undo.
    If you need more of something, like more than one barrier, or more than one piano, etc, click on the object in the (2) mode and BEFORE you click + drag to move the object, hold the shift key before you start to drag the object, and then release it as you move the object around (or release when you're done moving it, whatever). As soon as you hit shift, you will DUPLICATE the object while dragging it. Holding it down before you start dragging prevents you from moving the original.
    Try to place things on the ground decently so they don't drop and bounce around. Pianos get rather feisty if you drop them too much.
    When you've got everything positioned correctly, Press f11 to exit the editor and resume gameplay when desired by pressing J to unpause physics. (you shouldn't save stuff in the map or it might have problems loading next time if you've spawned TOO MANY things)
    You may need to TAB over to your vehicle as you'll be on whatever you last spawned.

If the vehicle refuses to move, toggle free-camera on then off again (SHIFT+C) and it should HOP to life & start moving, that's a bug with the game engine after using the editor (the T-series does it all the time after filling it with pianos, in Arcade shift mode or any mode!).

I hope this helps bud!

Oh, and holding shift moves the camera faster if you aren't moving any items - because it's the same shift key that duplicates things - when I say SHIFT I mean LEFT SHIFT key. The right one might work too, not sure!
    You can adjust the camera speed up to 8 times faster than the 25-unit default if needed on a large map like my ROANE COUNTY.

--Cheers! When you press R to reset your car, if you've moved any barriers, tab over to those and press R, they will return to where they were when you closed out the editor and resumed game-play. ALT+ENTER toggles full-screen, too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice