1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Problems while using the same Steam User on 2 computers

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Specht77, May 11, 2019.

1. Specht77

Specht77
    Expand Collapse

I have a desktop and a laptop, and I play BeamNG on both of them (not at the same time), but my laptop is waaay slower than my PC and it seems that settings, mods, etc are shared between them

For example, my desktop has more than 4TB of disk space, I can download a lot of mods without any concern, but at the same time, my laptop has only 240gb of disk space...

I had almost 100 mods on my desktop and around 15 mods on my laptop, but recently I pressed the "Update all Mods" on my laptop, and it started downloading all the mods I had on my desktop, filling all the disk space I had...

Another thing is that it seems that from time to time one computer decides to import the gameplay/graphics settings from the other...

Is there a way to stop them from sharing stuff since they have so different specs?

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You need to disable steam cloud saves and maybe online features ingame too from laptop so you can set mods to that manually as well as settings.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You can also disable 'Automatic Mod Updates' from the game's setting, to disable any mod-syncing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Specht77

Specht77
    Expand Collapse

By turning online features off, wouldn't I be unable to access the repository on my laptop? There should be a way without losing features...

It's already disabled, I pressed manually the button to update mods on my laptop, thinking it would just update the ones I had installed, I would never imagine it would start downloading new mods :(

5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Oh, you would just go here and install mods old fashioned manual way, mods in link are same that you get from ingame:
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/

https://wiki.beamng.com/index.php?title=How_to_install_mods&redirect=no

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice