Problems importing Offroad wheels to other vehicles.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by LSDMT420, Oct 6, 2013.

1. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys I have a bit of a problem,

This is my first time using blender ever, I'm kind of surprised I got this far lol. I want to make an Offroad version of the Grand Marshal, so I'm trying to get the Offroad tires from the Pickup working on the Fullsize. I was able to get the wheels in game and select-able on the Grand Marshal, however they don't seem to be attached to the hub/axle. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Jbeam file or something I need to change on the DAE in Blender. All I have done is export the 4 Offroad wheels from the Pickup DAE, Imported them into the Fullsize DAE, and lined them up with the other tires on the Marshal (I also did some copy pasting of the Offroad tires Jbeam to get it to show up as a select-able part). I seem to have broken the smoothing groups as well, the car doesn't look too good any more..

Here are a few screens and a short video showing the problem, If you guys have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong I would really appreciate the help.

Screenshot (36).png Screenshot (37).png Screenshot (38).png Screenshot (39).png

#1 LSDMT420, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

First things first, your wheel well is NOT big enough.:eek: Second, did you move any parts while editing in Blender? Like the body, or the axle?

EDIT: It looks funny! You positioned the wheels wrong, there too big.

3. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Haha I know the wheel well's are too small, I plan to extend them later on, along with some other stuff. I think I did move a few parts by accident while moving the new wheels around, I snapped everything back in place though, is that what broke the smoothing?

4. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Yes that is, listen if you want to make a mod like this, you will need to scale everything of the belly (under the car) not just the wheels. One second and I'll show you.

EDIT: This is what's need scaling:
    blender 2013-10-05 19-17-17-396.jpg

5. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

I actually have not scaled anything, those are the default Offroad tires from the D15 Pickup, just imported them into the Marshal DAE.

6. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

There's your problem, those are for the D-15, you have two options, one use these tires, or two scale them from the fullsize (like sam in his mini monster), if you use these tires, you'll have to change almost everything, if you use the fullsize, you'll need to scale both the tires and what's in the image above. Tbh, there's really no difference, it's just that the D-15 don't go with the fullsize, you'll have lots of lag in game with the D-15 tires.

7. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Ok cool thank you! I wasn't sure the best way to go about it, but your suggestion sounds much more practical. Do you know If I would have to edit the Jbeams of all the parts I scale as well?

8. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Yeah np! And yes you would have to edit the Jbeam a little, not adding N/B or anything, just editing them, which sad to say I haven't got to yet. If you have any more problems let me know.;)

9. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Will do ;). I'm going to give the scaling a go and see where that gets me for now.

10. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Okay, good luck.:rolleyes:

11. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

I pm'd Drowsy about putting the Moonhawk body on the D-series frame, I really want the Moonhawk to have the D-series steering and suspension, and the off-road tires would be killer. Never got a response though.

Haha, the off-road wheels look pretty funny on the Marshal, when you get this down, I'd love an off-road Moonhawk.

Great work!

12. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Reason why you haven't got a reply cause he is busy right now. And what did you want to do again? Make a Moonhawk Offroader?

13. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I wasn't complaining, no worries. ;)

I want the Moonhawk body, on the D-series frame. I think it would be too awesome.

14. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I can show you how to do that.

15. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Well I just finished scaling everything and I still have the same problem with the wheels not mounting correctly. I think it has to be something in the jbeam, like the car is riding on the NB frame and the model wheels don't match so they just spin. I am at a loss for now, but I did have another idea I want to try out. I need to cut the Marshal in half (front half, back half) does anyone know the best way to do that in blender?

16. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

You know, I think I did the opposite of that once.

I copied almost every off-road line there was in the wheel file, to the Moonhawks. I got it riding on the off-road wheels, but the model for the wheel wasn't there.

Attached Files:

• BeamNG 2013-09-20 02-59-31-19.jpg
  17. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

That's what I did initially with the marshal, then since I couldn't see the wheels I imported them into blender and thought that would be a done deal.. I don't get why the tires spin like that if all the code and the model is copied directly over.

18. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Cut it in half? What do you mean, and you will need to reposition the Jbeam a little.

19. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

something like this, i basically want to split the car in half down the center line between the doors. I want to make it into a limo, so I was planning on splitting it then modeling a new middle section and extending the drive shaft/exhaust :D. I was searching online and tried a few methods but can't figure out how to cut it.

z.PNG

#19 LSDMT420, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  20. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

.....Are you saying it will be an off-road, VIP limo Grand Marshal?

The awesome is so great. Words fail me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice