1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

private modders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sandekov, Oct 13, 2020.

1. sandekov

sandekov
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Hello everyone
    I've been playing Beamng.Drive for a long time, but I still don't know from whom you can order a private mod. I recently had to change my account as I no longer had access to it and I have no friends left here to ask them. I will be grateful if you can help me with my question
    good luck!

2. MazdaMiata

MazdaMiata
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums, good luck.
    From my understanding of things, these are not obtainable- Private usually means kept by certain people.
    Now don't you feel sad, because there are great mods on the forums and repo. Why not give them a try?

3. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Inb4 this thread becomes a nuclear wasteland.
    Dude try to enjoy whats on the repo and forum because in 99% of cases, you are not getting your hands on private mods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Private mods are private, so the person who makes them won't give them to anyone, except for maybe close friends. Some people like that like to flex with their private mods and they might give them to youtubers so more people see them, but if you look closely in the videos, most of them are really low quality, 99% of them don't even have underside textures. Public mods are usually much better than private ones, with some exceptions, it depends who makes them.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. sandekov

sandekov
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

sorry, i think u dont understand me. i want buy private mods/so they can be made to order for me for money

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

This is not called private mods but commisionned mods then. Depending on what car it is and how much you are willing to pay, you might find someone here to make it for you.

7. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I could have swore those go against the EULA. But im not even sure tbh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MazdaMiata

MazdaMiata
    Expand Collapse

The issue is that most stuff usually sources models from Forza or some other games, and I don't think Turn 10 would appreciate their models being sold for money.

9. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

You can't get them. They're made so elitist children who think they're "forum veterans" because they have a short username and joined last year can get satisfaction from telling other kids "It's private, you can't have it".
    It's not like they're worth your time anyway.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Well the Chester Journeyman mod is commissionned and the thread hasn't been removed yet so it's probably ok to make them

11. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

@P_enta was creating a commissioned mod as far as I know, Chester Journeyman. It's first time for me to see a commissioned mod though,not many people like to do it.

12. sandekov

sandekov
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i want it, but idk who can do it. are u know?

13. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I’m like 292737475830101937465929% sure it’s ok

14. Ryancooper2112

Ryancooper2112
    Expand Collapse

Paid mods are silly

15. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Paid mods are fine if the quality is good enough, modders put loads of hard work into mods for free but if some want to get paid for it its their choice and the person who buys the mods choice

• Agree Agree x 20
  16. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

agree, im all for marketing and profiting from hard work. i would have made WBIMP paid if it wasnt a community project.
    saying "paid mods are silly" is the equivalent that believing things are free IRL. Its entitled.

also, OP, if you want an honest answer with getting "private mods," the easiest way is just becoming friends with the creators. even if you dont make mods yourself growing a relationship with people is the best and easiest way of getting access to them. you would be surprised how easily i obtained the Zephyr, Overlander, and more by simply being associated with the creators.
    Dont force it tho lol. And, if you can in contact on discord its even easier. just contribute and be active and mature and people will mutually respect you more.

Also, stay out of drama. thats a big one.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. sandekov

sandekov
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

thank u, kueso!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ryancooper2112

Ryancooper2112
    Expand Collapse

Im saying that i think paid mods are silly because you can get a bunch of free mods here that probably are just as good of quality. I dont think there should be "paid" mods in any game thats what dlc is for mods should just be the games community making cool things for each other

19. ClassicMike

ClassicMike
    Expand Collapse

can confirm
    i have no idea how i have wbimp, the zephyr and more stuff

20. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

You arent understanding man. This isnt, pay to use the mod, its someone paying someone to make it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice