1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

pressing install button doesnt work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Infanix, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Infanix

Infanix
    Expand Collapse

when I am trying to get a mod I press the install button and sometime it works sometimes it doesn't I don't like digging through file trying to find where to put it. this mod was the SBR facelift mod no matter how many time I press the green button it still doesn't work a message pops up and asks do you mean to switch I click yes And it still don't work. This is really frustrating Btw I may have too many mods I have 4

2. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Hi! The only way "install" button works for me is when you go in to the game, then in to mod manager and press "download more" (IIRC it looks like a box with + inside, can't check right now). Browser whould pop up, then find mod and press "install". Should work this way ;)

Don't put mods in to game folder, this may break the game, instead put every mod in to the "mods" folder, which should be located in Documents > BeamNG.drive > mods. Also remember to not unpack .zip files they should stay unpacked, just as you downloaded them.

3. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

I posted about this a while ago.
    Make sure you are on the "overview" tab when you click install, for some reason when you are on the other tabs the install button doesn't work.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Checked myself. The button works fine no matter on which page I am.
    Make sure the game is already running. If closed, the button will only open the game. You'd have to press the button again to make it download the mod.

OP, what browser are you using?
    Can you take a screenshot of that message?

5. Infanix

Infanix
    Expand Collapse

I am using Microsoft edge
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok I will try that
    --- Post updated ---
    Its not really a message and also it just asks do you want to open beamng . do I need to take a picture of that
    --- Post updated ---
    Is the overview tab the first tab I tried looking that up didn't find it.....
    --- Post updated ---
    Is the overview tab the first tab I tried looking that up
    Thank you so much this works

6. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

This doesn't work on my PC with Win10 on Edge, tried hundred of times, tried to find solution, and I'm a lazy bastard so I found out that going in to game and downloading after pressing "download more" in mod manager works flawless (which is strange) so I don't have to go to downloaded files and put them in to mods folder. Trying straight from browser and hitting install button 20 times in a row doesn't help, yes it will launch game (after first click), but nope it will not download after pressing more times. Trying same with already launched game doesn't help either. Can't record it now as I'm still in my job, I hope it explained it clear enough, my guess it that might be caused by Edge then, as me and OP use it, and we both have the same issue and solution ;)

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Do that again.
    Close game, and send your log.

8. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

I have checked with both the game open and closed, maybe its just on my end for some reason and it doesn't bother me anyway. This is what i have tried anyway on Chrome.
    Game not running:
    overview tab> click install> starts the game> starts download
    Update tab> click install> starts the game> no download
    With the game running:
    overview tab> click install> starts download
    Update tab> click install> no download

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice